Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey
Posting Number: S01240
Regular, Temporary or Term: Regular
Benefits Eligible?: Yes
Hiring Minimum: $104,052/year
Location: Monterey, CA campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening: Criminal Background check
Under the general supervision of the CNS Director, the CNS Assistant Director performs a range of research-related, fundraising, management, and administrative tasks to support the mission of CNS, as described in the duties below. This is a full-time staff position, requiring a high level of substantive expertise in nonproliferation studies, a background in public policy, analytical and fundraising skills, and management.
• Manage, with input from the CNS Director, CNS corporate and other strategic partnerships. The Assistant Director will become a new, central point of contact at CNS for such partnerships, developing and coordinating them at the strategic level, and working with individual CNS staff in all three office locations to ensure day-to-day implementation
• Manage, under the general guidance of the CNS Director, strategic initiatives with Middlebury College and Institute leadership. These initiatives include, but are not limited to, grants through the Envisioning Middlebury, One Middlebury, and Fund for Innovation processes, and day-to-day communications with Middlebury College/Institute leadership.
• Under the guidance of the CNS Director, serve as CNS's day-to-day liaison with the M.A. Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies Program Chair, Career and Academic Advisor, and other relevant administrative personnel.
• Lead and oversee CNS and VCDNP compliance with Middlebury and CNS grantors' requirements for information security across the Monterey, Washington, DC, and Vienna offices.
• Assist CNS Director, Deputy Director, and MIIS Finance Office in developing, supervising, and implementing the CNS budget.
• Create and implement staffing plans for multiple programs and initiatives, including for all of the above listed projects (e.g., cybersecurity, Middlebury grants, corporate partnerships, etc.)
• Assist CNS Director and Deputy Director with personnel matters at CNS, including decisions on hiring, firing, promotions, evaluations, salaries, job searches and advertisements.
• Develop, supervise, and implement foundation grants and federal contracts with CNS Director, Deputy Director, and Program Directors. Interact with foundation officers and government officials, as required.
• Conduct research/publications in support of CNS.
• Represent CNS at meetings and conferences as appropriate.
• Mentor staff at CNS, especially on effective fundraising and project/personnel/budget management.
Other duties as required.
M.A. degree required, preferably in political science or international relations with specialization in nonproliferation and/or international security, or equivalent experience in the field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge of nonproliferation issues, and strong research, writing analytical, and speaking skills.
• Capable of multi-tasking, working in a dynamic environment, and leading a team to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong management and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Experience:						• Minimum 8 years' experience in the nonproliferation field.
• Minimum 8 years' management experience.
• Minimum 8 years' fundraising experience.
• Proven track record of publishing and a strong reputation in the nonproliferation field.
• Track record of managing high-level corporate and other strategic partnerships effectively.
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Position requires light to moderate physical effort and the ability to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please provide a resume, a cover letter, and a list of three references.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/C V
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency