Systems Engineer II
Architecture and Engineering Systems Engineer II (A&E SE II) requires a strong background with Microsoft architecture development and administration. Some expected A&E SE II responsibilities include administration of the University's Active Directory, Exchange, Office365 and Azure environments. This position will assist with the design and implementation of new hardware, applications, and cloud-based solutions in support of the University of Denver user community. The Systems Engineer II consults with employees, faculty, students and researchers on the use of technology necessary to meet university objectives. The Systems Engineer II collaborates with university department members, where needed, to identify areas where the IT team can lend assistance in the identification, acquisition and implementation and of technical solutions.
- As assigned, assist in the design, implementation and management of IT technical solutions.
- Collaborate with other departments, as needed, to provide access and support of IT services.
- Document and train faculty, students and employees in the use of IT solutions and services.
- Provide Tier 3 technical support for IT solutions and services.
- Consult with University IT Help Center and specific vendor customer support functions to address performance and service availability issues.
- Responsible for driving the "One DU" culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative to respond and follow up with all customers in a timely, professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to accurately document work performed, processes, and configurations of systems.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Intermediate analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate with others in English in person, over the phone and via email.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, information systems, telecommunications or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3+ years experience with Office 365 Administration including Exchange Hybrid.
- 3+ years experience with Active Directory Administration, GPO, Sites and user lifecycle management.
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft Azure & Amazon AWS Server configuration & deployment.
- Experience with VMware.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP design, Cisco Network Registrar and Microsoft DNS.
- Experience with Hitachi storage.
- Experience with F5 load balancers and Web Application Firewalls.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekend as required to support highly available IT systems and services.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Friday, March 29, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.