Business Manager II
DescriptionTheUniversity of Career Services (UCS)Office is looking to recruit a BusinessManager II. This position will providebusiness function support to the UCSand the Georgia Career InformationCenter (GCIC). The related job duties will includebudget monitoring, human resources functions, travel processing, purchasing, contracts,and vendor interactions. This position is also responsible for overseeing the upkeepof facilities and equipment and provides direct supervision of the UCSAdministrative Coordinator as well as the coordination of student assistant hiringand scheduling for University Career Services Center. Essential Functions andResponsibilities:
- Managesthe business procedures for University Career Services and Georgia CareerInformation Center. In consultation withthe Director of UCS, monitors the budgets for University Career Services andGeorgia Career Information Center. Advises the Director UCS concerning revenue and expenditure forecastprojections, prepares fiscal reports and budget amendments as needed orrequested. Manages fiscal aspects ofcontract agreements for all areas. Develops and evaluates financial policies and procedures to ensureproper compliance as well as makes recommendations to the Director UCS toenhance such policies.
- Overseesdisbursement requests in financial system (including vouchers, travel, purchaseorders, journal entries), and performs processing for submission to DirectorUCS for final payment approval to include weekly and monthly detailedaccounting reports and analysis for annual budgets. Manages time approvals for assignedemployees. Manages the StudentTechnology Fee disbursements.
- Overseesand supervises UCS office operations including direct supervision of the UCSAdministrative Coordinator as well as assigned student employees. Advises onselecting, hiring, and professional development for staff and studentassistants. Assists with GCIC officeadministrative processes, when assigned.
- Servesas the Human Resources, PantherMart, and Spectrum representative for UCS andGCIC, which requires attending various trainings and workshopsperiodically. Provides support andtraining to UCS and GCIC staff with regards to these responsibilities and tofollow GSU guidelines and policies.
- Attendsand participates in staff meetings and trainings. Assists with departmental events, asassigned. Serves as departmental liaisonwith on and off campus departments and vendors. Performs other duties asassigned.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and four years of administrative experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit03/21/19, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Student Services
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 03/13/19, 12:00:00 AM