Chief Finance & Administrative Officer
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number: Regular_0091032 Position Title: Chief Finance & Administrative Officer Classification Title Vice President/Chief Officer Min Salary $97,884 Max Salary $112.567 Salary Type Annually FLSA E = Exempt Position Type: Position Summary:
Reporting to the President, the Chief Finance & Administrative Officer is responsible for finance and budget, business office, financial aid office, and vendor-supplied services. As a member of the President’s Cabinet, collaborates and networks internally across departments and externally with other colleges, and governance bodies, including the NC Community College System Office. Provides leadership, oversight, and stewardship for all aspects of RCCC’s financial resources, assuring integrity and fiduciary compliance. As a creative problem solver, engages executive team to increase system efficiencies, maximize limited budgets, and manage alternative funding sources in response to changing state funding formulas and supportStaff Required Education/Experience:
•Master’s degree in accounting, business, or related field.
•Eight years experience including two (2) years of managerial responsibility in a college business office, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position.
•Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with college faculty, staff, administrators and governing boards.
•Experience in operational and strategic planning, policy development, and financial analysis.
•Ability to effectively communicate ideas and information in written and oral format to administrative staff, professional colleagues, governing boards, and the general public in large or small group settings.
CPAOther Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Department: Cabinet Work Hours:
Mon. - Fri. w/occasional weekends.Posting Date: 03/01/2019 Closing Date: Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants: Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
1. Exercise primary stewardship of college resources, ensuring that all financial processes and procedures are fiscally sound and compliant with regulations. Organize, coordinate, and supervise the development of the annual budget; ensure the fiscal integrity of the College; oversee risk management programs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2. Promote literacy on budget-related processes; explain allocation methodology, and collaborate with all departments to assist in decision making. Evaluate and creatively address needs while remaining compliant with regulations.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3. Collaborate, develop, plan and execute work programs, budget requests, and quarterly reports; research and prepare detailed reports on a variety of college management topics as appropriate.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4. Manage cash flow for college; ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local financial regulatory agencies.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5. Act as chief financial advisor to the President, Finance Committee of the Board, and Board of Trustees; review and advise on contractual matters and funding streams. Provide financial advice and assistance to the President and Board of Trustees as requested; prepare and present financial statements, reports, presentations, and necessary correspondence.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6. Ensures related policies and procedures meet audit standards. Manage annual policy and procedure review and any necessary intermittent review for areas under supervision to ensure that all are approved through the President’s Office, Board, and governing agencies as required.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7. Direct and supervise all financial control activities to ensure soundness of all college financial processes. Oversee and manage vendor services, business office activities, accounting, payroll, financial aid department, including purchasing, warehousing, and inventory control.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
8. Manage financial aid processes, ensuring complete and accurate documentation for financial aid operations in compliance with state and federal laws and audit procedures.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
9. Administer institutional programs with revenue streams assuring that they are recorded and leveraged according to regulations.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have a Master's Degree in Accounting, Business or a related field?
- * Do you have senior level administrative experience in a North Carolina Community College or University Business Services environment?
- * Have you managed budgets and prepared long-term forecasts for a Community College or University Business Services or Administrative office environment?
- * Have you managed ten (10) or more employees?
- * Have you managed one or more departments as part of your Administrative role?
- * How many years of operational and strategic planning experience do you have including policy development and financial analysis?
- 1 - 5
- 5 - 10
- Transcript 1
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Transcript 2