Assistant Director, Multimedia Services, Department of Athletics
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-12
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Manages the day to day operation and service of equipment reflected in multiple contracts.
- Manages all athletic multimedia systems.
- Facilitates maintenance and service of all multimedia assets.
- Researches and develops new systems and current integration of systems.
- Maintains multimedia asset management databases; films and maintains department special events.
- Manages part-time subcontract labor for special events.
- Assists in the management of game day activity associated with network television, radio, instant replay, and video board operations.
- Assists with multimedia system strategic planning and design.
- Facilitates testing and loading as well as provides training for all video board displays at Football, Baseball, Tennis, Basketball, and Soccer.
- Facilitates testing of all broadcast television platforms, SMATV Head End, and video boards in all facilities.
- Oversees physical installation and operation of portable multimedia systems.
- Tracks and implements the required upgrades to existing multimedia systems.
- Assists in the live production of athletic events to wakeforestsports.com.
- Trains Coaches, staff members, and others on the operation of multimedia systems.
- Facilitates the needs of internal events as required at BB&T Field and on the road, as needed.
- Facilitates the needs of external events as required with Catering Service Affairs, and revenue generating groups utilizing multimedia systems in athletic facilities.
- Supervises, trains, and provides work direction and problem solving assistance for student workers and interns assigned to multimedia projects and tasks.
- Facilitates the needs of special events with the Assistant AD for special projects.
- Works all Football, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, and various Olympic sporting events.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with two years related experience with management of technical personnel, shooting, editing, and creating digital videos and images or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of ACC/NCAA regulations.
- Knowledge of superior customer service standards and practices.
- Familiarity with Wake Forest campus, athletics, and off-site competition venues or ability to acquire such knowledge in a short period of time.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to manage personnel and finance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, superior telephone etiquette, and ability to interact effectively with student athletes, faculty, and staff as well as peers and management.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations as well as a working familiarity with multimedia system design, Daktronics Video Platforms, videoconferencing systems, CATV systems, system integration, and live production and web streaming.
- Ability to operate/familiarity with the following: computers to include design and project management software, problem reporting software (Daktronics Venus and VPLAY, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, AMX programming software, DV Sport Software, Avid video editing software, Photoshop, After Effects, Final Cut Pro), multiple types of test equipment (digital multi-meter, video generator, real time spectrum analyzer, RF meter, sound pressure level meter, audio generator, and an impedance bridge)
- Ability to identify service, technical, and training needs, analyze growth requirements, keep current on system changes and updates, implement changes as appropriate.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of any current and future systems as well as train others on those systems.
- Ability to work after hours and/or weekends and on-call, as specified by supervisor.
- Ability to meet requirements of the University's automobile insurance.
- Involves medium physical work including climbing, stooping, crouching, crawling, reaching, lifting, fingering, grasping, and feeling. Close visual acuity. Subject to inside environmental conditions, frequently in close quarters, and subject to hazards.
- Responsible for own work.
- Supervises student workers and interns.
This position is accepting applications until March 21, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. EST.** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Additional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementFull timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.