P/T Senior Tutor-DSO
Westchester Community College was founded in 1946 as the New York State Institute of Applied Arts and Sciences in White Plains. In 1957, the County of Westchester bought the 360-acre John Hartford estate in Valhalla and designated 218 acres for the community college. Westchester Community College is more than just the county’s largest educational institution. It is a living, breathing part of Westchester that goes beyond the influence of a typical college and affects the lives of all who enter its doors.
Opening Date: March 5, 2019
Position Title: P/T Senior Tutor-DSO
Department/Division/Location: Division of SAIS/ Disability Services Office (DSO)
Hourly Rate of Pay: $13.00 per hour. No benefits.
Responsibilities: Under the general supervision of the Disability Services Coordinator, the P/T Senior Tutor assumes overall responsibilities for directing office, testing room/lab activities, proctors, reads and/or scribes exams to students with disabilities. In the absence of the Counselors/ Coordinators, the incumbent will supervise the operation of the DSO office and testing room/lab. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assessing student needs;
- Administering tests, proctors, reading and/or scribing exams;
- Providing students with clear and concise information and directions;
- Providing technical assistance and supervision to students in utilizing assistive
technologies/educational software applications;
- Using computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, email and database software in performing work assignments;
- Attending meetings, as requested;
- All other responsibilities, as required.
Required Qualifications: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
Work Schedule: The work schedule will be up to 28 hours per week.
How to Apply: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected] Please indicate “P/T Senior Tutor-DSO” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.