WAKE HORIZONS OUTPATIENT PROGRAM MGR./MARKETING DIRECTOR
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Type Permanent Faculty Working Title WAKE HORIZONS OUTPATIENT PROGRAM MGR./MARKETING DIRECTOR Position Number Appointment Type Fixed Term Faculty Salary Range Full-time/Part-time Full-Time Permanent If part-time, hours per week FTE 1.0 Vacancy ID FAC0002733 Posting Open Date 03/12/2019 Application Deadline 04/11/2019 Open Until Filled No Proposed Start Date 05/15/2019 Position Summary
The UNC Department of OB-GYN’s Horizons Program is seeking an Outpatient Program Manager/Marketing Director. Horizons is a substance use disorder treatment program for pregnant and/or parenting women and their children, including those whose lives have been touched by abuse and violence. https://www.med.unc.edu/obgyn/horizons/ This will be a full-time faculty appointment at the Clinical Instructor rank, and will be based in Wake County.
The Outpatient Program Manager responsibilities will be:
- to oversee the clinical operations of the Substance Use Disorder Outpatient Treatment Program in Wake County, and any future outpatient programming awarded to UNC Horizons in this region
- to provide direct clinical services, supervision of staff, training for new employees and ongoing training in identified areas
- to work with the Horizons Executive Team in ensuring timely completion of weekly billing and chart documentation by clinic staff
- to serve as a member of the Horizons’ Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement Committees
- to ensure program compliance with CARF/JCAHO accreditation requirements and clinical program licensure
- to assist in coordinating the UNC Horizons’ internship and training program, available to local, national and international learners, at all levels
- to assist with clinical research projects and preparation of manuscripts, based on the results of the research
- to represent UNC Horizons as a member of state & national organizations, and at professional conferences
The Marketing Director responsibilities will be:
- to identify and cultivate new sources of revenue, as well as new donors for the program
- to increase exposure of Horizons’ services to the surrounding community, potential donors and other social service partners
- to participate in grant writing for program development
A Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling is required.Qualifications and Experience
- clinical licensure, including LCAS
- at least 3 years’ experience working with high risk populations such as those with HIV/AIDS
- at least 3 years’ experience providing mental health/substance abuse screenings and intakes
- at least 3 years’ experience with brief and longer-term individual therapy and substance abuse counseling for dually-diagnosed clients
- at least 3 years’ experience with crisis intervention
- extensive experience training mental health and substance abuse treatment professionals on topics including crisis management, clinical diagnosis, etc.
- at least 3 years’ documented experience in clinical supervision of staff and student interns
- at least 3 years’ experience in program development
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special Instructions
To apply electronically, follow this link: http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/157354 Please attach a cover letter (address below), an updated Curriculum Vitae and contact information for at least three professional references. The cover letter should describe your present position, your professional goals, what attracts you to this particular position and what qualifies you as an outstanding candidate. Please address your cover letter to:
Hendree Jones, PhD
Executive Director of UNC Horizons
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7570
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost office at (919)-962-1091 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost office will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
If you have any questions about the job requirements or the hiring department notify the Department Contact.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What is your highest degree?