Director of Accreditation and Academic Initiatives
Midway University invites applications for the position of Director of Accreditation and Academic Initiatives. Reporting to Vice President of Academic Affairs and working closely with faculty and staff from all areas of the University, the Director will have a significant impact on how we support students and move the University forward in improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for the Dual Credit Program which involves establishing, maintaining, and overseeing all aspects of the program.
- Ensures Articulation agreements are current and develops new agreements, as warranted.
- Reviews and determines Credit for Prior Learning.
- Works closely with the deans, department chairs, and other administrators to create policies and procedures for academic affairs tasks.
- Oversees SARA.
- Oversees Attendance Reporting, Administrative Withdrawals and Drops; Academic Petitions and Appeals.
- Serves on the Bluegrass Higher Education Consortium.
- Serves as CPE Liaison and ACT residual test supervisor.
- Assists with SEVIS reporting.
- Oversees the editing of the university catalog to reflect current degree requirements and policies. Maintain currency and completeness.
- Works on various projects and initiatives within Academic Affairs, as assigned
- Work closely with the Vice President for Academic Affairs on SACSCOC and accreditation issues for the institution and helps maintain compliance.
- Works with the Director of Institutional Research and Assessment on projects and accreditation issues.
- Master's degree required, Doctorate preferred.
- Prior work experience in Higher Education is required;
- Ability to work independently, execute projects with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects and manage competing and conflicting priorities in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
Midway University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.