Programmer Analyst -Admissions and AS&E Student Services
DescriptionThe Admissions and Student Services Technology team provides all manner of computer systems support to Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate Admissions, ASE Student Services (Registrar, Financial Services, Career Services, Student Affairs, Advising Deans, Student Services Records), and provides admissions technology support to Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Friedman School of Nutrition, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Sackler School of BioMedical Sciences, Public Health and Professional Degree Programs in the Medical School, and University College (Pre-College, Summer Study Abroad, IPP). The team supports various systems/processes for the central Bursar team and the central marketing team, and in addition develops and supports multiple data integrations both internal and external to Tufts. The team develops custom web-based systems for enrolled Tufts students, staff, faculty, applicants and their families, prospective students, high school counselors and Tufts alumni. The department provides users with custom systems programming, database management/reporting, hardware and software support, and general systems support.
The Programmer Analyst is part of a technical team working with department system users and other IT staff to support and enhance university business applications. This individual participates in the entire application development lifecycle including: gathering and analyzing business requirements; updating, developing, implementing and testing application software; training users; analyzing potential causes of software and service problems and devising testing methodologies for correction and validation; troubleshooting user issues and documenting solutions, and assisting with the exploration of new technologies and the design of software solutions for the user community. This individual operates with the intention of providing outstanding customer support, but also acts in the best long term interest of the organization
This person also fulfills data requests for various Tufts constituents using SQL, Business Objects, and Technolutions Slate querying tool.
QualificationsBasic Requirements :
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and 3+ years of programming experience.
- Individual must possess strong technical skills and experience developing stable and user-friendly applications and demonstrated experience using ASP.NET MVC software to develop customized solutions.
- Proficiency in C#, VB, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, T-SQL, Data Warehouse
- Must be able to work effectively in a team or independent setting.
- Must have strong client relationship skills and strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients to understand and interpret their requirements.
- Must be able to learn new technologies quickly and to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Technolutions Slate, and 2+ years of MVC programming.
- The preferred candidate will have previous experience in higher education institutions, experience with CRMs,
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: IT (Information Technology)
Organization: Student Services Center - A&S
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: May 30, 2019, 9:14:40 AM