Project Director, Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Oswego County
Category:: Research Foundation
Department:: Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
Locations:: Oswego, NY
Posted:: Mar 12, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
About SUNY Oswego:
The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Oswego County invites applications for a Project Director. RSVP's mission is to improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement through service and volunteering. The project director will report to the SUNY Oswego Director of the Office of Business and Community Relations (OBCR). OBCR offers diversified programs designed to enrich our campus and community by fostering civic engagement and economic development.
While this position is affiliated with the campus of SUNY Oswego this is a Research Foundation position, not a New York State position.
The Research Foundation at SUNY Oswego is committed to enhancing its diversity, and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer actively engaged in recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. We encourage applications from qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim SUNY status, or criminal conviction.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (Research Foundation for SUNY) and the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) located at the State University of New York at Oswego, invites applications for a 12 month, full-time Project Director, for the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Oswego County. While this position is affiliated with the campus of SUNY Oswego this is a Research Foundation position, NOT a New York State position.
Date Posted: March 12, 2019
Review Date: Review of applications will begin March 18, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Research Foundation at SUNY Oswego provides an excellent benefit package. Click here for more information on benefits for full-time Research Foundation staff.
Date of Appointment: On/Around April 22, 2019
Description of Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Director of SUNY Oswego's Office of Business and Community Relations (OBCR) and the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) program policy guidelines, the RSVP Project Director has full-time responsibility for the development and operation of the Retired and Senior Volunteer Programs; in coordination with OBCR and RSVP of Oswego County Advisory Council.
The RSVP Project Director will:
- Recruit, select, orient and place RSVP volunteers with volunteer stations
- Enhance the total efforts of RSVP through active involvement with community organizations
- Oversee appropriate use of multi-source financial support, including preparing an annual budget
- Develop and maintain appropriate fiscal, personnel, program and volunteer records and reports
- Arrange for formal and regular recognition of volunteers & others who contribute to the support of RSVP
- Work with the Advisory Council to expand and evaluate RSVP activities
- Work to obtain resources for programs through grants and development of other projects
- Plan and implement public relations opportunities to promote RSVP activities and volunteerism
- Develop new programs to meet community needs
- Attend training conferences conducted and authorized by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS)
- Bachelor's degree at time of application
- A commitment to the potential of people over 55 years of age to meet community needs through volunteering
- Creativity, flexibility and the ability to problem solve and think analytically
- 3 years' experience writing and managing grants
- Computer literacy, including competency in Microsoft Office products
- A general understanding of the issues related to the retired and senior population
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- 2 years' experience supervising staff
- Ability to delegate responsibility
- Willing and able to work weekends and evenings
- Need for reliable transportation
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Successfully complete a criminal background check
- Experience working with people over 55 years of age and/or volunteers
If you have any questions about the position, please call or email:
Chad Whelsky, Search Committee Chair
315-312-3084 or email to: [email protected]
Files must be complete (all documents requested and required in the application instructions submitted) to be considered. Official transcripts required at time of appointment.
Visa sponsorship not available for this position.
Submit a cover letter addressing qualifications, resume, copies of unofficial transcript for required degree showing degree awarded and date conferred, and contact information for three professional references (only the three references listed in your Interview Exchange application can be considered and contacted) electronically by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please click here to login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents.
Please click CONTACT US if you need assistance applying through this website.
Requests for reasonable accommodations of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to: