Dean, Broadwell College of Business and Economics
Position InformationPosition Information Position Title: Dean, Broadwell College of Business and Economics Position Number: 000251 Full-time or Part-time: Full Time Department: Broadwell College of Business and Economics Posting Number: 0401255 SHRA/EHRA: EHRA (Non-Faculty) Job Category: Professional Hiring Range: Commensurate with Education an Experience Minimum salary: Commensurate with Education an Experience Maximum salary: Commensurate with Education an Experience Overall Position Competency: Flat Rate Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
Fayetteville State University is a constituent institution of the University of North Carolina and the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state. Founded in 1867 as the Howard School for the education of African Americans, today FSU serves a growing student body of over 6,300 and ranks among the nation’s most diverse campus communities. The Broadwell College of Business and Economics houses the Department of Accounting, Finance, Healthcare and Information Systems, the Department of Management, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, and the Graduate Business Programs and holds AACSB accreditation. There are approximately 1,000 students and 40 faculty in the College, including three endowed chairs.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Dean is responsible for leading the College and securing the support and resources necessary to achieve its mission. The Dean reports directly to the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The Dean is the chief academic officer of the College and oversees the departments and their instructional, research, and service/outreach activities. The Dean is charged with all aspects of the College’s external engagement, including fundraising, developing partnerships with industry, and enhancing the image and reputation of the College in the state and region. As the principal spokesperson and advocate for the College, the Dean also formulates and implements policies and strategic plans, maintains accreditation standards, and manages the human, financial and physical resources of the College. Evidence of effective leadership, fundraising, and extensive management or administrative experience is required. Experience with AACSB accreditation, assessment of student learning outcomes, and building community partnerships is highly desirable. Candidates possessing a doctoral degree in a field relevant to one or more of the departments within the College as well as a strong record of teaching, research, and service are preferred.Description of Work Continued: Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
A graduate degree in a field related to business and at least 3 years of higher education or academic/professional administrative experience is required.Knowledge skills and abilities:
The preferred candidate will display an aptitude for:
• Strategic planning and budgeting
• Supervision of employees, including formulating performance criteria and monitoring their application to unit personnel during hiring, tenure, promotion, retention and performance evaluation processes.
• Curriculum development and revision
• Developing research, scholarship, and service agendas within the school
• Promoting excellence in teaching, research and service to include ensuring compliance with accreditation standards of the Association for the Advancement of Colleges and Schools of Business (AACSB).
• Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding in marketing and developing relationships with outside entities.
• Demonstrated commitment to shared governance.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching.
• Ability to build consensus among faculty and facilitate communication both within the school and across administrative levels within the institution.
An earned doctoral degree in a field related to business is preferred.Special Instructions to Applicants:
The initial application screening/reviewing process will begin on April 8, 2019Closing Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Additional Information for Applicants
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.EEO Statement:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation or sexual orientation. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.Veteran's Statement
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master's degree in a field related to business?
- * Do you have at least three years of higher education or academic/professional administrative experience?
- * Do you have an earned doctoral degree in a field related to business?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document