Supplemental Instruction STEM Coordinator – Grant-funded Position
Full TimeBergen Community CollegePosted 2 months ago
The Supplemental Instruction (SI) STEM Coordinator is a grant-funded position to provide leadership in developing and implementing an exemplary and comprehensive SI program to improve the quality of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education for all students. This position will provide, coordinate and assess Supplemental Instruction (SI) and additional learning tools including online opportunities, in addition to creating and implementing the use of online supplemental and tutorial resources. Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to serving as a liaison and collaborating with various departments, faculty and staff members; recruiting, hiring, training and evaluating Science, Technology and Engineering peer and professional tutors serving as SI Leaders; assisting the Cerullo Learning Assistance Center (CLAC) Manager in coordinating, implementing and monitoring the SI program in relation to STEM courses; coordinating and conducting training opportunities; compiling and analyzing data including the distribution of surveys and analyzing of results ; generating reports; participating in institutional assessment processes; researching, assessing and recommending resources for participants and other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in college level STEM related courses.
- Effective supervisory experience is in an educational setting required; higher education or learning center environment preferred.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) certification from the UMKC a plus.
- Knowledgeable about reporting procedures and experience with web-based scheduling software; Tutortrac by RedRock a plus.
- Must possess a strong level of organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be driven to provide excellent customer service with ability to handle inquiries of diverse and multicultural students, staff, faculty and visitors with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment doing multiple tasks and projects while attending to the immediate needs of members of the campus community.
- Must possess intermediate to expert proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as, internet research.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter with ability to work independently with little to no supervision and as a team in a collaborative manner.
- Must have ability to exercise good judgment, make routine decisions, as well as, ability to understand and follow established protocols.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to travel to conferences to conferences and trainings out-of-state.
- Must be able to work some evenings.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (include the job code G-SUPPLEMENTA), curriculum vitae, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by March 28, 2019. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]