iCampus Student Worker
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number ST140165 Position Title iCampus Student Worker Department iCampus Division Academic Affairs Salary Range - Minimum 8.50 Full Time / Part Time? Part Time Hours per week 10 to 20 Temporary? No Number of Days N/A Posting Detail Information Posting Date 02/21/2019 Closing Date 03/22/2019 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory results of a background check
• Post-offer, pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
POSITION TITLE: iCampus Student Worker
REPORTS TO: Christopher M. Ostwinkle, Ph.D., iCampus Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Position will review and edit/correct automatic captions on videos housed on Ensemble and other video services purchased by the department. Review will include checking for accuracy, correct punctuation, timing, and other characteristics.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Transcribe course videos and audio files, creating verbatim transcripts to promote universal access.
2. Edit and format video captions, with an emphasis on accuracy, style, and caption timing.
3. Work closely with iCampus staff to obtain content and required materials.
4. Manage multiple development projects simultaneously.
5. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have completed one semester of college-level coursework while maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.0
3. iCampus Director approval
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision and to maintain confidentiality in accordance with FERPA guidelines.
5. Successful completion of ENG 101 with a B or higher
6. Ability to type 60 words per minute
7. Strong attention to detail
8. Previous work experience
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
1. Previous transcription experience
2. Placement into or completion of ENG 102
• Normal office physical demands.
• Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor environment.
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website :
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter