Systems Programmer/Blackboard Administrator
• Maintains users, enrollments and courses in the LMS and Analytics environments; provides support for Blackboard Analytics and Blackboard Learn in collaboration with the LMS Administrator.
• Maintains previously written web applications.
• Creates and maintains internal and external documentation for applications maintained by BIDM.
• Designs and administers databases relevant to interfaced applications.
• Analyzes and understands application business rules and requirements necessary to provide application design, development, implementation, configuration or consulting services to end users.
• Acts in a consulting capacity for other AAAS staff and end users regarding application development and systems design.
• Maintains technical currency to ensure that department applications adhere to best practices.
• Creates and presents customized queries and reports from databases.
• Troubleshoots and diagnoses web application and database problems.
• Assess alternatives and consult stakeholders and evaluate and communicate potential risks prior to making decisions.
• Writes, maintains and documents new and existing WebFOCUS reports.
• Maintains and creates new content for pages on an existing content management system.
• Provides on call support as necessary.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field.
• At least two years of database programming experience.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL server desired.
• Proficiency in Windows desktop environment and Banner integration with internal and third-party applications.
• Knowledge of Windows desktop and server user skills, data integrity, server security, and backup and restore procedures.
• Ability to respond to critical system emergencies or deadlines in a timely manner.
• Effective interpersonal, organizational and team-building skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate with and provide support to diverse constituencies with varying levels of technical knowledge.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems at any stage; commitment to apply innovative approaches and solutions.
• Experience developing and integrating SCORM-compliant resources into web-based learning and tracking of data preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in applications design and development preferred.
Winthrop University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.