Communications and Education Program Manager
Communications and Education Program Manager
Job Number: 82326
The Center for Immersive and Simulation-based Learning (CISL) and the Goodman Immersive Learning Center (ILC) in the LKSC offer various immersive learning experiences, including mannequin-based simulation, part-task training, and standardized patients (actors who are trained to play the role of a patient with a specific medical complaint). The focus on medical education and lifelong learning is the driving force of the ILC.
The ILC Education Program Manager is responsible for program coordination for the Immersive Learning Center in the School of Medicine. Working under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Education Program Manager plays an integral role in program administration and coordination of ILC courses: developing program and publicity materials for workshops and events on an institutional, regional and national level and providing administrative coordination for all events. This position coordinates outreach and communication - including redesign and maintenance of the ILC website, annual Accomplishments Report, and course materials. Working closely with the Director of Simulation and Education, the Education Program Manager assists with CME/CE applications (i.e. literature searches and compilation of course data and other program metrics) and creation and management of e-learning modules for faculty development in simulation pedagogy. Working closely with the Standardized Patient Program Manager, this position supports the SP Program with special projects as needed.
Job Code 4121/Grade H*This position is not scheduled to move to Stanford Redwood City
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Ability to direct the work of others, for jobs requiring supervision
- Demonstrated experience in writing for publication in print, web, and other platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in working with spreadsheets and databases.
- Familiarity with web publishing tools.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- May work extended hours or weekends.
- Busy center with ongoing interruptions.
- The work environment has no natural lighting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Employee Status: Regular
- Requisition ID: 82326
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency