WHO WE ARE
The University of Dallas is a private university that leads in academics and has been consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the top 10 Catholic colleges in the West and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.
UD is currently seeking an Academic Advisor who will be responsible for all activities associated with advising graduate business students. Represent the college to current students and the external community, advise admitted students, and resolve enrollment issues. Accountable for retention of current students and for providing a high quality of service and responsiveness to students.
• Advises students on programs toward achievement of student educational goals.
• Assists with all areas of student registration including actual course registration, adds/drops and withdrawals each enrollment period.
• Establishes and maintains effective and routine procedures to communicate with all current students in a timely and organized manner.
• Maintains student files and ensure records organization, security, and accessibility.
• Conducts trimester review and audit of new and continuing student files to ensure accuracy and compliance with degree plans and policies from student’s bulletin of record. Initiates process and confirms corrections when errors are identified.
• Attends annual conferences/professional development events as necessary.
• Assists with new student orientation, graduation and other student events as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
• 3 – 5 years of experience in higher education, preferably in a graduate advising role.
• Experience working with international students is a plus.
This position is a primary contact of the Satish & Yasmin Gupta College of Business to internal and external stakeholders and must maintain a cheerful, professional, and flexible demeanor in a busy professional academic setting. Availability and willingness to enthusiastically and frequently work evenings and partial weekends for success in enrollment and service goals and to travel within the United States.
UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; free tuition for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply online at: https://hr.udallas.edu/apply/
The University of Dallas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The university does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, age or disability in the administration of its employment practices.