Information Security Analyst
Are you a skilled information security professional with the drive and skills to advance the University’s information security program? The Office of Information Technology at Clarkson University invites you to apply for the position of Information Security Analyst. This position participates in the development and support of the day-to-day implementation, administration and maintenance of the University’s Information Security Program. The Information Security Analyst reports to the Director of Network Services and Information Security.
A successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a desire to help fellow employees; be a self-starter with the ability to follow directions, complete time-sensitive tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision; and have a demonstrated ability to work well in a team-based environments, both as a contributing team member and as a project leader. This position will require: Tenacious problem solving abilities. Advanced knowledge of operating systems, server and storage hardware infrastructure. Advanced knowledge of networking technologies and implementations. Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of campus constituents. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Installs, configures and monitors security systems such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, vulnerability scanners, DLP and IR coordination.
- Recommends policy and procedure to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and contractual obligations as they pertain to information security.
- Coordinates and/or assists with incident response activities
- Provide off-hours incident response support as needed
- Reviews practices and procedures for compliance with policy
- Analyzes network traffic, system behavior and logging information to determine baseline and anomalous activities
- Assists with risk assessments, access audits, awareness training and business process review, etc.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in policies, processes and controls and makes recommendations for remedies
- System administration duties for information security related server platforms
- Leverages experience and judgment to accomplish goals
- Works under moderate supervision with some independent decision making abilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Tenacious problem solving abilities
- Ability to work effectively with wide variety of campus constituents
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, server and storage hardware infrastructure
- Time and task management for self
- Ability to identify and de-conflict priorities
- Team leadership and followership
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a true desire to help fellow employees
Experience, and Skills
Minimum Education: Completion of secondary education (high school or equivalent),
Minimum Experience: Relevant university degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
Three or more years in information security-related field, system administration or combination of both
Demonstrated ability to conduct technical investigations independently or as part of a team
Comfortable working with individuals displaying a wide range of technical expertise across broad problem domainsPreferred Qualifications:
Experience, and Skills
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Information Security or similar concentration
Certification in or progress toward at least one designation in an information security, risk compliance or related discipline (e.g. CISSP, SCCP, GCIA, GESC)
Five or more years in information security-related field, system administration or combination of both
Experience with SIEM, IDS/IPS, vulnerability management and DLPPhysical Demands
The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Frequently sit and use a computer for extended periods of time
-Occasionally lift and/or carry more than 50 pounds
-Occasionally stoop, bend, crouch or reach in small spaces
-Occasionally climb or descend stairs
-Occasionally work in space temperature of more than 80 degrees for extended periods of time
-Occasionally climb portable ladder of more than six feet in height
-Occasionally climb fixed ladder of more than 12 feet in height
Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Posting Detail Information Close Date Open Date 10/09/2018 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions for this Posting
Clarkson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Reference Request Details Maximum Number of Reference Requests 3 Minimum Number of Reference Requests 1 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- * If you chose other, what advertising source helped you find this great employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- * Do you have 3 or more years in information security-related field, system administration or combination of both?
- * How do you embrace Diversity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3