HVAC Technician, Sr.
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title HVAC Technician, Sr. Department Facilities Posting Number 03098P Location Woodbridge, VA: 22191 Full or Part Time Full Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range $53,000 - $61,000 Position Summary Information Basic Function
Perform operation, maintenance, repair and installation of Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning [HVAC] systems and other related components.Duties and Responsibilities
Supervise contracted HVAC work. Maintain HVAC equipment and systems, correct problems, and perform new HVAC installations in compliance with applicable codes. Provide the most economical and safest HVAC service to campus. Complete work orders with priorities approved by immediate Independently handle emergency work on weekends and holidays. Lead other HVAC technicians and other trades staff with priorities approved by immediate handle emergency work on weekends and holidaysMinimum Qualifications
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Refrigeration Certificate
• High School Graduate or equivalent.
• Commercial HVAC Training
• Significant field experience in energy management and mechanical systems
• Significant Experience in the operation and maintenance of HVAC equipment and preventive maintenance operation
• Experience in multiple Automatic controls/building management computerized controls
OR equivalent applicable experience or training
•Journeymen license/HVAC Trade license
•Niagara EMS certification
•Encelium lighting certification
•Experience working from Mechanical drawings and building blueprints
•Experience on operation and maintenance of chiIIer, heat pumps, air handlers, geothermal system
• Knowledge of principles and practices of maintenance, repair and replacement of HVAC equipment.
• Ability to repair and maintain a variety of equipment to include, but not limited to, air conditioning, boilers, air-handlers, fan coil units, pumps, valves, controllers (both DOC & Pneumatic), motors, starters, refrigeration and automated control systems.
• Ability to follow verbal instruction and work independently.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision and make sound decisions independently.
• Proficient in the use of hand, electrical tools, as well as service manuals and all diagnostic equipment related to the trade.
• Ability to lift 50 Ibs. on a regular basis.
• Ability to function in close quarters or cramped environments.
• Ability to operate all required equipment.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a valid driver's license and a good driving record?
- * Do you have a valid Refrigeration certificate?
- * Do you possess a High School Diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have commercial HVAC Training?
- * Please describe your experience with energy management and mechanical systems.
(Open Ended Question)
- Other Document