Assistant Director, Marketing & Promotions #497968
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 20111729 Position Title Assistant Director, Marketing & Promotions #497968 Template Title Position Type Staff Position Number Department Athletic Marketing Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
• Responsible for the development, direction and evaluation of comprehensive marketing strategies for the athletic programs.
• Coordinates the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of student employees• Develops and executes, from conception to production, a wide array of publicity, promotional, communication and marketing materials utilizing a variety of print and digital media.
• Monitors and posts social media content
• Designs, communicates, and upholds departmental branding standards that create consistency and recognition across all marketing platforms.
• Assesses effectiveness and satisfaction of marketing and outreach strategies on an ongoing basis.
• Communicates effectively and facilitates ongoing planning meetings with student organizations on campus.
• Produces and maintains an active plan and timeline for all marketing campaigns to include evaluation and assessment of the effectiveness of campaigns.
• Coordinates and leads outreach opportunities at campus orientations, involvement fairs, and other campus-wide programs.
The Assistant Director for Marketing is responsible for providing support for all marketing and promotions areas for the Athletics Department. This individual develops and implements marketing, creative design, advertising, and promotion plans for all assigned sport programs. The individual will also have a strong focus on increasing fan attendance, in-game and pre-game experiences as well as fan engagement. This position will be tasked with increasing awareness through print and electronic media, radio, advertising, web content, community partners, and social media platforms. The individual will assist in the development and execution of plans geared towards increasing brand awareness, increase exposure for Lamar University Athletics in the local and surrounding communities and on campus by creating, developing, implementing, and executing the fan engagement plan. This position is also responsible for creating and developing marketing plans; creating game scripts to match the game day marketing plans; and organizing other special events. This individual will be responsible for executing departmental policies and procedures, as well as establishing goals and objectives. This position will work with various levels of personnel within the areas of Ticket Sales, Athletics Communications, Development and other campus groups. Performs other related duties as assigned. This position will collaborate with the Multi Media Right partner, ensures marketing commitments are fulfilled by reviewing marketing/advertising agreements for fulfillment. The position will also be responsible for the execution of fan engagement plans for all sports and once completed evaluate programs and make changes when necessary. The individual will be responsible to focus on strategies to represent at exhibits and local events; collaborating with traditional as well as electronic communications to season ticket holders, alumni, students, faculty/staff and fans. Collaborating with the Chamber of Commerce and other community organizations; arranging for coaches and student athletes to interact with the campus and community; this position will coordinate and supervise the distribution of promotional materials; Overseeing Athletics social media accounts. Supports Game Day Operations and Ticket Sales by independently creating game scripts to match supervised sports; Managing on field/court game promotions and events.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Reports to the Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and Events
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year directly related experience or equivalency required. Demonstrate effective communication, superior customer service skills and work well in a positive team environment. Demonstrate ability to work independently, analyze and make decisions related to the best interest in growing the program. Strong coordination and organizational skills required. Must have InDesign, Photoshop, Fireworks, HTML and graphic design experience.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary Commensurate Work Hours Application Information Posting Date 03/04/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? FAILURE TO EMAIL THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS PER THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY IMPACT VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: To claim Veteran's Preference under the law you must be: (1) a veteran, including a veteran with a disability; (2) a surviving spouse of a veteran killed on active duty who has not remarried; or (3) an orphan of a veteran if the veteran was killed while on active duty. If claiming Veteran's Preference, you MUST immediately email to [email protected] your specific supporting documentation at the time of application such as the DD Form 214 (member 4 copy), AND, if applicable, the Dept of Veteran's Affairs Verification of Disability Benefits Letter if claiming a service related disability, a DD Form 1300 to include qualifying Death, Birth, and Marriage Certificates if claiming surviving spouse/orphan. Your email MUST also include your name, position number, job title and the department for each position you are applying for. Documents received after a position closes will not be accepted.
- * What is the highest level of education have you achieved?
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * How many years of graphic design experience do you have?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have knowledge of and experience using InDesign, Photoshop, Fireworks, HTML?
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1