Post Doctoral Researcher #495029
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number 20111438 Position Title Post Doctoral Researcher #495029 Template Title Position Type Staff Position Number 495029 Department Center for Water & Air Quality Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Position Summary Information
Lamar University invites application for a postdoctoral research position at the Center for Advances in Water and Air Quality in the College of Engineering. The successful candidate is expected co work with the faculty, principal investigators and undergraduate/ graduate students in the College of Engineering to design experiments, engage in research activities, collect and analyze data of complex natures, and draft manuscripts for publication. Teaching experience at either undergraduate or graduate level is a plus but not required. The preferred areas of expertise can include but not limired to: air pollution control engineering, fate and transport of air pollutants, urban/regional/global modeling of atmospheric systems, potable water reuse, water-energy interaction, waste-to-resource conversion and industrial wastewater management. The ideal candidates for this position are individuals who have excellent communication skills and are self-motivated and interested in developing a successful academic career.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
•A Ph.D. degree in environmental engineering or closely related engineering field with a proven record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
•Experience and/or knowledge in atmospheric modeling, water management in oil & gas industry, freshwater availability or water conservation programs
•Experience in applying first-principle and/or statistical models for assessing environmental engineering systems
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Salary Commensurate Work Hours Application Information Posting Date 10/31/2017 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? FAILURE TO EMAIL THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS PER THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY IMPACT VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: To claim Veteran's Preference under the law you must be: (1) a veteran, including a veteran with a disability; (2) a surviving spouse of a veteran killed on active duty who has not remarried; or (3) an orphan of a veteran if the veteran was killed while on active duty. If claiming Veteran's Preference, you MUST immediately email to [email protected] your specific supporting documentation at the time of application such as the DD Form 214 (member 4 copy), AND, if applicable, the Dept of Veteran's Affairs Verification of Disability Benefits Letter if claiming a service related disability, a DD Form 1300 to include qualifying Death, Birth, and Marriage Certificates if claiming surviving spouse/orphan. Your email MUST also include your name, position number, job title and the department for each position you are applying for. Documents received after a position closes will not be accepted.
- * What is the highest level of education that you have acheived?
- Doctoral Degree
- Masters Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Associates Degree
- Technical School Degree and/or Certificate
- Some college credit(s) obtained
- High School or GED
- * In what area(s) did you receive your degree(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1