Post Doctoral Researcher, Water #495030
Position DetailsPosition Information Posting Number Classification Title Position Title Post Doctoral Researcher, Water #495030 FLSA Salary Commensurate Job Summary/Basic Function
Lamar University invites application for a postdoctoral research position at the Center for Advances in Water and Air Quality in the College of Engineering. The successful candidate is expected to work with the faculty, principal investigators and undergraduate/graduate students in the College of Engineering to design experiments, engage in research activities, collect and analyze data of complex natures, and draft manuscripts for publication. Teaching experience at either undergraduate or graduate level is a plus but not required. The preferred areas of expertise can include but not limited to: air pollution control engineering, fate and transport of air pollutants, urban/regional/global modeling of atmospheric systems, potable water reuse, water-energy interaction, waste-to-resource conversion and industrial wastewater management. The ideal candidates for this position are individuals who have excellent communication skills and are self-motivated and interested in developing a successful academic career.
•A Ph.D. degree in environmental engineering or closely related engineering field with a proven record of publications in peer-reviewed journals
•Experience and/or knowledge in atmospheric modeling, water management in oil & gas industry, freshwater availability or water conservation programs
•Experience in applying first-principle and/or statistical models for assessing environmental engineering systems
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.Lamar Expectation of Quality
Employee will support the mission of Lamar by providing high quality, professional services, timely responses and solutions to customer requests.Disclaimer
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change. Lamar University reserves the right to revise, change or eliminate this job description at any time.
Other duties may be assigned to this position on a regular or occasional basis to respond to the needs of the university.
This Job Description is not intended to be a contract of employment or a legal document. Employment with Lamar University is at will, and may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this Job Description shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way the employment-at-will status of Lamar University employees.Posting Detail Information Open Date 01/15/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://jobs.lamar.edu/postings/7259 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the highest level of education that you have completed.
- * In what field did you earn your Doctorate degree?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly.As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? FAILURE TO EMAIL THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS PER THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY IMPACT VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: To claim Veteran's Preference under the law you must be: (1) a veteran, including a veteran with a disability; (2) a surviving spouse of a veteran killed on active duty who has not remarried; or (3) an orphan of a veteran if the veteran was killed while on active duty. If claiming Veteran's Preference, you MUST immediately email to [email protected] your specific supporting documentation at the time of application such as the DD Form 214 (member 4 copy), AND, if applicable, the Dept of Veteran's Affairs Verification of Disability Benefits Letter if claiming a service related disability, a DD Form 1300 to include qualifying Death, Birth, and Marriage Certificates if claiming surviving spouse/orphan. Your email MUST also include your name, position number, job title and the department for each position you are applying for. Documents received after a position closes will not be accepted.
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interest
- Sample of publications or scholarly writing
- Unofficial Transcript 1