ADJUNCT FACULTY- Nursing - Clinical
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting Number20110154Position TitleADJUNCT FACULTY- Nursing - ClinicalFTEPosition TypeFacultyDepartmentNursing Position Summary Information Job Summary/Basic Function
Provides clinical instruction within the Department of Nursing. Plans, coordinates, and conducts clinical experiences for students. Reports to the Director of Undergraduate Nursing Studies and the Department Chair.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
1. Maintains academic standards as established by the department, college, and university.
2. Teaches students in clinical and laboratory settings.
3. Participates in planning and organization of courses to which assigned.
4. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of course activities.
5. Plans professional development activities for self such as continuing education offerings, workshops, professional meetings, etc.
6. Participates in program and department activities associated with professional status.
7. Maintains membership in and participates in activities of professional associations.
8. Incorporates new knowledge and techniques in clinical and laboratory teaching.
9. Displays a scholarly orientation to the assumption of the responsibilities of a university faculty member:
a. Utilizes teaching-learning principles appropriately;
b. Serves as a knowledgeable resource person to students and community;
c. Shares professional expertise at the local level.
Experience in clinical nursing.
Master’s degree in Nursing – Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Effective teaching skills.
2. Effective verbal/written communication skills.
3. Knowledge of clinical nursing practice and ability to assist students in clinical activities.
4. Awareness of current issues/trends in nursing.
5. Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
Licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Texas.
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.Preferred QualificationsSecurity Sensitive StatementSalaryOGWork Hours Application Information Posting DateClose DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial InstructionsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3