Adjunct Instructor - Technology (Industrial) Department
Posting DetailsPosition Summary Information Job Summary / Basic Function
Summary of Job Description:
This position is responsible for teaching courses in Instrumentation, Process Operating, or Welding as assigned. This position reports directly to the Department Chair. Hours vary depending on need and course schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach courses as scheduled
• Maintain one office hour per week/per course
• Attend adjunct faculty meetings
• Assess courses on departmental and institutional levels
• Complete Basic Blackboard Certification
• Complete Title IX training
• Must have reliable transportation for travel to assigned instructional sites
• Attend Teaching and Learning Center to upgrade teaching skills
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Associate of Applied Science Degree in the subject area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good time management skills
• Ethical and professional behavior
• Awareness of national issues and trends in education and related field
• Ability to use computers for email, word documents and basic spreadsheets
While performing the duties of essential functions of this job, work is normally performed in a typical classroom/office environment with moderate noise.
Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Lamar Institute of Technology is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas SB 805, Section 657.003.Preferred Qualifications
• Experience teaching in Higher Education
• Experience teaching in a technical or community college
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.SalaryCommensurateWork Hours Application Details Open Date06/30/2017Open Until FilledYesClose DatePosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education you have achieved? Please note that only education received from a regionally accredited institution of higher education will be considered when determining if your education credentials meet the requirements for the position.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- All but Dissertation
- Earned Doctorate
- Professional Degree such as MD or JD
- * The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) maintains a list of Institutions Whose Degrees are illegal to Use in Texas. You can search for your institution on the THECB website at: http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/index.cfm?objectid=3D2801D0-1C9F-11E8-BC500050560100A9. Copy and paste this link into a web browser in order to search under "Fraudulent or Substandard Institutions" for your college/university attended for your degree. Please check your answer BEFORE you submit your application. HR is not responsible for checking your answer nor resubmitting your application back into the pool if you do not answer this question correctly. As part of your educational qualifications for this position, are you claiming a degree from any of the institutions listed on the THECB website referenced above?
- Yes, my institution IS on this list & IS not accredited.
- No, my institution is NOT on this list & IS accredited.
- * Are you claiming Veteran's Preference in accordance with Texas Senate Bill 805, Section 657.003? FAILURE TO EMAIL THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS PER THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY IMPACT VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: to claim Veteran's Preference under the law you must be: (1) a veteran, including a veteran with a disability; (2) a surviving spouse of a veteran killed on active duty who has not remarried; or (3) an orphan of a veteran if the veteran was killed while on active duty. If claiming Veteran's Preference, you MUST immediately email to [email protected] your specific supporting documentation at the time of application such as the DD Form 214 (member 4 copy), AND, if applicable, the Dept of Veteran's Affairs Verification of Disability Benefits Letter if claiming a service related disability, a DD Form 1300 to include qualifying Death, Birth, and Marriage Certificates if claiming surviving spouse/orphan. Your email MUST also include your name, position number, job title and the department for each position you are applying for. Documents received after a position closes will not be accepted.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Letter of Reference 4