UTS Temporary Events & Program Manager
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Type Temporary Staff (SHRA) Job Title UTS Temporary Events & Program Manager Department Name HR UTS Partnership Vacancy ID S014230 Position Posting Category Administrative/Clerical Support Hiring Range $22.00 per hour Full-time/Part-time Full-Time Temporary If part-time, how many hours per week? Work Schedule
Mon-Friday/ 40 hours per weekProposed Start Date Estimated Duration of Appointment 6 months not to exceed 11 months Posting Open Date 03/11/2019 Posting Close Date 04/07/2019 Description of Work
The Events and Program Manager will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service and organizing memorable events that meet quality expectations. Specific responsibilities include:
• Plan, design and produce events while managing all project delivery elements within time limits
• Liaise with faculty and industry program coordinators to identify their needs and to ensure satisfaction
• Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals
• Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
• Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc.
• Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
• Specify staffing requirements and coordinate their activities
• Manage marketing to promote and publicize events
• Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
• Conduct pre- and post– event evaluations and report on outcomes
• Demonstrate a high-level of expertise and accountability
• Manage event and related finances including reimbursement of expenses for participants and budget reconciliation
• Manage other responsibilities related to outreach by the Institute for Private Capital as needed
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
MS Office proficiencySpecial Physical and Mental Requirements Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA Funded No Special Instructions
UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State University are collaborating to extend NC State’s internal temporary staffing function as a shared service for both institutions. Under this partnership, UTS provides exclusive temporary staffing services to UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State, employing candidates to work as temporary employees in a variety of jobs on both campuses.
If you are interested in applying to this position please click on the link below: http://http://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/114403Temporary Employment Policies http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/157832 Contact Information Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Optional and Required Documents Required Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).