Laboratory Technician Senior
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Laboratory Technician Senior Requisition Number RE17580 Working Title Lab Tech Sr. Department Name 7H400:Microbiology, Immunology & Molecular Gen Work Location Lexington, KY Grade Level 40 Salary Range $13.43-21.51/hour Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
This position will require the ability to utilize a computer for portions of the day.Shift
Days, some weekendsJob Summary
The Laboratory Technician Senior will maintain detailed knowledge of scientific concepts and procedures; data management and analysis; lab maintenance including performing literature searches, chemical and lab supply inventory; compliance with research policies and protocols; small animal handling and colony managementSkills / Knowledge / Abilities
Tissue culture, immunological, Biochemical and molecular biology techniques, Ability to work with Microsoft Office, GraphPad, FloJo etc. Able to work with laboratory research mice.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree in science related field and one year experience preferred.Deadline to Apply 04/08/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita
- Academic Transcript