Student: Golf Shop Attendant
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Student: Golf Shop Attendant Requisition Number SE02211 Department Name 3J5SE: Student Employment Work Location Nicholasville, KY On Campus/Off Campus Off Campus Salary Range $10.00/ hour Type of Position Student Position Time Status Part-Time Preferred Education/Experience Hours per Week
The Golf Shop Attendant promotes the game of golf and the club while providing the upmost hospitality and service to the Members and guests of the club. They respond to inquiries and make tee-times for Members and guests both in person and on the phone. The Golf shop Attendant assists in overseeing outside golf operations and staff to ensure proper performance while following all daily procedures and policies.
• Promotion of the game of golf and club
• Spreading hospitality, happiness, and good will among members and their guests
• Provide outstanding customer service to members and their guests
• Help enforce rules and regulations of the club
• Work in the golf shop including opening and closing shifts
• Assist with keeping merchandise straight, organized and stocked.
• Greet every guest and member enthusiastically as well as retain and use member names consistently.
• Checking in golfers, accurately ringing up charges at the register, and properly checking in all golfers prior to play
• Proper cash handling procedures as well as making sure that all standards of operations are being met
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper attire/uniform and name tag when working.
• Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
• Education in golf or related field is preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Flexibility for scheduling – must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
• Must be outgoing and detail oriented
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent required
As an employee of our club it is understood that any job necessary to make the club operate may be part of your job requirement.Deadline to Apply 04/01/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date 03/25/2019 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?