Student: Office & Media Assistant
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Student: Office & Media Assistant Requisition Number SE02204 Department Name 3J5SE: Student Employment Work Location Lexington, KY On Campus/Off Campus On Campus Salary Range $10/ hour Type of Position Student Position Time Status Part-Time Preferred Education/Experience Hours per Week
This is a summer position with the possibility of continuing into the fall.Job Summary
Job Title: Office & Media Assistant
Reports to: Communications Coordinator
Job purpose: Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies staff of visitor arrival; provides administrative support to the organization’s staff
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors, parishioners, and students by greeting them in a professional and friendly manner, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Execute social media strategies.
- Design and create promotional materials for student events.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Check Front Desk email and task assignments in Raiser’s Edge regularly.
- Responsible for setup and clean-up for weekly, student events at the direction of the overseeing staff.
- Assist staff with preparation for
- Assist staff with setup and clean-up for occasional events.
- Assist development staff with donor communication and appreciation. Assist development staff with coordinating and
communicating with ad-hoc, student-volunteer teams to support these efforts.
- Maintain and re-order supplies for the publications rack in the lobby and notify staff when supplies need to be reordered.
- Complete closing procedures each night prior to leaving.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter!
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, including Calendar, Docs, Sheets. Willingness and aptitude to learn tech tools used: Raiser’s Edge, Wordpress, Buffer, Canva, Publisher, Flocknote, video animation software.
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Verbal communication
- Ability to communicate priorities to staff from different departments.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date 05/06/2019 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?