Radiology Tech CT Procedures/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Radiology Tech CT Procedures/UKHC Requisition Number RE16902 Working Title Department Name H3181: CT Services Work Location Lexington Grade Level 09 Salary Range $19.66-31.20/hour Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
ARRT and Kentucky State Radiation Operators License. CT certification obtained within one year of hire date.Physical Requirements
Heavy lifting, pushing, and pulling of objects over 50 lbs.Shift
CT experienceJob Summary
The CT Technologist will provide CT imaging for patients and assist the patient’s physician in expediting needed care. Quality, efficiency, and service excellence are all essential parts of this position. Duties include: performing diagnostic and interventional procedures per department protocols, providing feedback on image for improvement as needed, addressing customer needs appropriately according to age specific, service specific and disease specific criteria, and utilizing proper procedure for identifying patients. Maintaining patient efficiency by spending the most appropriate amount of time for each task and interaction will be an essential job function, and adhering to the UK behavioral standards during interactions with patients, coworkers, and physicians, as well as all external and internal customers will also be essential. Maintaining privacy and confidentiality is required. This position will also assist in a QA review to maintain professional standards for themselves and any technologists that they are called upon to assist.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
CT certification must be obtained within one year of hire date.
Will perform cardiac CT imaging in both adult and pediatric patient populations.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you currently hold a certification in radiology (AART) or are you eligible to obtain certification by your start date?
- * Do you have a diploma, associates degree or higher in radiology, or anticipate receiving a degree?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- ASRT (American Society of Radiologic Technologists)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter