Posting DetailsPosting Details Job Title Scientist II Requisition Number RE17579 Working Title Department Name 7H018:GRADUATE CENTER FOR TOXICOLOGY Work Location Lexington, KY Grade Level 46 Salary Range $48,526-80,059/year Type of Position Staff Position Time Status Full-Time Required Education
PhDClick here for more information about equivalencies: http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalencies Required Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Lifting/pushing/pulling objects up to 50 lbs, repetative motion, exposure to hazardous chemicals & fumes, bloodborne/airborn pathogens & recumbinant DNA & viral vectorsShift
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, (40 hrs/wk), occasional evenings & weekendsJob Summary
Department of Toxicology and Cancer Biology seeks a candidate to plan, perform, write up and present cancer biology experiments which includes but not limited to: cellular and biochemical techniques, tumor antigen-specific T cell development, etc. The primary responsibilities include: maintain iPSCs cell lines, perform human/murine gene cloning, and recombinant protein expression/purification in different species, the recombinant human antibodies construction from peripheral blood B cells, some degree of data management a plus; particular skillset required in new field of Immunotherapy of Cancer using the engineered MHC-restricted T cell receptor (TCR) and related biochemical and molecular machinery in vivo; Handle animal experiment. Coordinate with multiple researchers in the lab; help train and oversee new lab members, help with general lab upkeep and maintenance and help PI in the production of manuscripts and grant related documents including both writing and editing.
IEBC – Internal Employee Being ConsideredSkills / Knowledge / Abilities
Microsoft Office Suite, Illustrate, Photoshop, GraphPadDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? No Preferred Education/Experience
PhD & 8 years of postdoctoral research experience in the fields of Immunotherapy of Cancer with engineered T-cells, using cellular, molecular biology & animal modals.Deadline to Apply 03/25/2019 University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter