Manager, Risk Management and Insurance
DescriptionThe Finance Department is responsible for the treasury, purchasing, budgeting, accounting, bursar, payables and post award grant administration for this doctoral research university. Tufts is comprised of 12 colleges and schools spanning three campuses, enrolling approximately 5,000 undergraduate students, almost 2,500 students in graduate programs and nearly 1,800 professional school students. With over $2 billion in assets, the University’s operating budget totals $700 million and the five-year capital budget is $260 million, The University’s finance activities reflect Tuft’s complexity, depth and breadth and also its entrepreneurial spirit in a decentralized organizational environment.
The Manager, Risk Management and Insurance (Manager) will be responsible for analyzing and controlling the University's risk exposures and limiting losses to its human, financial, and physical assets; developing appropriate risk financing techniques and insurance strategies; overseeing claims and assisting in minimizing litigation; reviewing and developing contracts, participation agreements, waivers and contract indemnification and insurance language; carrying out processes such as purchasing insurance and working with, Human Resources, University Counsel and Environmental Health and Safety to limit our risks; providing support, education and training to faculty, students and staff to build risk awareness within the University, and providing consultative services on student and student organization activities.
- 5 years of risk management or insurance experience
- Bachelors or higher
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in risk management, business, or public administration from an accredited college/university.
- MBA, MPA, J.D., or other relevant advanced degree from an accredited college/university preferred.
- Additional years of relevant risk management experience, particularily related to managing a complex isurance portfolio, at an institution of higher education (or system).
- Proven project management experience. Experience coordinating an extensive insurance program, acquiring insurance coverage, and handling insurance claims.
- Working knowledge of Commonwealth of Massachusetts liability and tort claims laws and processes.
- Working knowledge of Massachusetts workers compensation processes is preferred.
- One or more of the following professional certifications: ARM, CPCU, AU, AIC, CRM.
- The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills, be an adept multi-tasker, have superb presentation skills and the ability to make sound decisions.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Finance and Accounting
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: May 7, 2019, 6:24:17 PM