Dean, Student Affairs
Dean, Student Affairs
Posting Number: 0000734
Reports to: President
Full or Part-time: Full Time
Formulates, recommends, and implements Student Affairs policies and procedures. Develops, maintains, and enhances student programs; promotes a culture of student learning and development and cultivates creative approaches to providing student services, programs and initiatives. Responsible for enhancing the student experience from onboarding to graduation. Provides leadership for all student services, programs and initiatives. Manages the following direct reports and oversees the employee populations of their respective organizations: Student Outreach & Support Services Coordinator; Director of Advising; Director of Financial Aid; Grants Manager; Director, Intercollegiate Athletics; Registrar.
1. Provides leadership for all programs affecting student development including but not limited to admissions; registration; advisement; academic, career, personal, and transfer counseling; job placement; services for students with disabilities; student life; orientation and graduation.
2. In collaboration with the Executive Team, establishes, manages and assesses the goals and outcomes for Student Affairs’ areas. Coordinates internal and external communications, which affect the College’s image.
3. Formulates, recommends, implements and evaluates policies, procedures, programs, processes and systems for Student Affairs.
4. Develops, maintains, and enhances student programs; promotes a culture of student learning and development and cultivates creative approaches to providing student services, programs and initiatives. Develops and implements methods to measure the effectiveness of College marketing and communications efforts.
5. Develops and administers the Student Affairs budget, including forecasting, planning, and monitoring of expenditures; assures that each unit adheres to budgetary guidelines. Participates in the deliberation and provides advice on issues, which may affect the image of the College, the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and students.
6. Articulates and advocates students’ needs and concerns to the college community.
7. Develops a set of core outcomes for division and measures and tracks annual performance against objectives; prepares and submits annual assessment report to the President.
8. Acts as liaison to the academic divisions regarding student issues.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the general supervision of the President, the Dean of Student Affairs is accountable for the effective leadership and operation of Student Affairs, including the One-Stop Center, financial aid, records and registration, advising, student life, athletics, career services, evening college, graduation, and specific externally funded grant programs.
Master’s degree or higher in educational administration, education, or related field required. Three or more years’ experience in a college student services position including experience using college administrative software required; experience in more than one area of student affairs preferred. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, administration, and governing boards. Demonstrated leadership in campus operations and student services administration using quality improvement principles and teams.
Salary Range: $79,269 - $87,734
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 03/07/2019
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/3105
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency