Faculty Affairs Manager
Faculty Affairs Manager
Job Number: 82301
Job Code: 4172
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
The Office of Academic Administration at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, which manages faculty affairs, faculty development, and faculty-related human resource functions for the GSB, seeks a Faculty Affairs Manager to provide analysis, guidance and drive all faculty affairs-related processes, including but not limited to the search process, appointments, reappointments, and promotions while ensuring compliance with school and university policies.
The Faculty Affairs Manager will work with the Assistant Dean, Academic Administration, and two other Faculty Affairs Managers to facilitate and optimize the recruitment of elite scholars in the business disciplines across the globe. The Faculty Affairs Manager will be the first point of contact representing the GSB for most candidates applying for tenure track faculty positions, interacting with applicants, faculty members and other GSB staff at all levels.
The Faculty Affairs Manager also handles the appointment, promotion and tenure process for a subset of the school's seven academic areas, and regularly interacts with faculty committees, the GSB academic deans, and staff members in the Provost's Office and other university offices regarding the faculty affairs process. In addition, the Faculty Affairs Manager works on other duties as assigned such as the new faculty welcome (orientation) and postdoc appointments.
Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of experience working with administrative processes, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Outstanding oral and email communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Ability to track, monitor and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to learn university systems.
- Experience working with databases and Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated ability to act with tact and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with complex schedules and planning.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety, shown through communication of safety concerns and use and promotion of safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Location: Graduate School of Business, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency