INSTITUTIONAL EQUITY INVESTIGATOR
INSTITUTIONAL EQUITY INVESTIGATOR
Posting Number: SRGV3807
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Finance and Admin Operations
Scope of Job:
Supports the Director of the Office of Institutional Equity/Title IX Coordinator at The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley by performing fact-gathering and investigative functions primarily related to discrimination, equal opportunity, sexual misconduct, and retaliation complaints by employees, students, and others protected under state or federal civil rights and anti-discrimination laws.
Description of Duties:
• Conducts and assists the Director/Title IX Coordinator in executing UTRGV’s prompt, effective and equitable response to complaints of discrimination and harassment.
• Implements formal and informal resolution procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and UTRGV policies and adheres to the established standards.
• Conducts intakes, inquiries and investigations of alleged violations of UTRGV policies, rules, and regulations regarding discriminatory behavior of Title VII, Title IX and/or Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
• Develops, coordinates, organizes, conducts and evaluates departmental and other University trainings, workshops and outreach programming related to diversity, inclusion, equal opportunity, nondiscrimination, accessibility and the prevention of sexual misconduct in compliance with policy, federal and state law, such as Title VII, Title IX, VAWA, and Clery for the UTRGV community.
• Contacts, schedules and interviews complainants, respondents and witnesses and verifies information to determine facts.
• Provides information regarding available campus and community resources, assigns interim measures to remedy complaints, and counsels as to appropriate reporting and corresponding options to achieve a resolution.
• Reviews and maintains evidence and documents for use in administrative investigations.
• Evaluates and summarizes investigative findings.
• Prepares investigation files, correspondence, and administrative reports to determine investigative findings.
• Prepares and presents information to appropriate Campus Administrator to implement disciplinary action as required by investigative findings.
• Collaborates with appropriate Campus Administrator to prepare cases for administrative hearings; presents testimony and evidence.
• Reviews investigative techniques and recommends improvements as appropriate.
• Collaborates with other university offices in the development and implementation of University initiatives regarding Title VII, Title IX, and VAWA.
• Recommends new policies and procedures for improvement of Title VII, Title IX and VAWA activities.
• Gathers relevant documentation and maintains accurate, consistent, and detailed records on assigned cases.
• Maintains and monitors data related to complaints and investigative activities, and provides periodic and annual reports as appropriate.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
J.D. or other advanced degree.
Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in an investigative, legal, student conduct, human resources or related field.
Knowledge, training, and/or experience conducting Title IX or EEO investigations. Knowledge of federal laws and other legal issues related to higher education.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Work is generally performed in an office or classroom environment. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which may require a regular presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Must possess effective interpersonal communication and interviewing skills. Advanced oral and written communication skills. Superior analytical, critical thinking and report writing skills. An investigative mindset and demeanor, including the ability to conduct difficult interviews regarding sensitive subject matter. Ability to handle confidential data and documents with sensitivity and tact. Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines. Ability to build positive and effective relationships across campus and university community.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 03/08/2019
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20760
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency