Certified RN Anesthetist, CRNA
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA) - National
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-03-10
Administer anesthesia and anesthesia-related care in collaboration and consultation with attending anesthesiologists in the main OR and satellite areas.
- Participates in pre-anesthetic preparation and evaluation.
- Formulates a patient-specific plan for anesthesia care in collaboration with attending anesthesiologist.
- Implements monitors and adjusts patient’s physiologic condition as appropriate for type of anesthesia and specific patient’s needs.
- Transfers the responsibility for care of the patient to other qualified providers post-operatively to assure continuity of care and patient safety.
- Supports operating room procedures.
- Participates in additional areas of responsibility which are within the expertise of the individual CRNA.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Master of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program.
Experience: No experience required
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Licensed to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in the Commonwealth of Virginia required.American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping, reaching (overhead, extensive, and repetitive); Repetitive motion: (squeezing an ambu bag). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 50 - 100lbs and lift/push/pull > 100lbs. May be exposed to fumes, chemicals, cold, heat, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.