Part-Time Educational Advisor
Educational Advisor (Educational Talent Search Program)
Educational Talent Search
March 10, 2019
May 9, 2019
The Part-time Educational Advisor will be responsible for collecting and disseminating educational information, conducting workshops and promoting financial aid opportunities in the target community. Provides active recruitment efforts of low-income and first-generation individuals who desire to complete their secondary education and continue at the postsecondary level.
- Identify and recruit low-income, first generation students or students who have academic need for services in grades 6-12 as well as high school graduates and post-secondary dropouts.
- Visit schools on a weekly or monthly basis to review, input and file services and documents.
- Conduct home visits as needed in reference to gathering needed materials, or to advise participants and families on various information,
- Conduct a variety of workshops for participants and parents, including but not limited to career, vocational, personal development, study skills, decision making, SAT/ACT, financial aid, test taking, course selection and admission seminars.
- Make individual referrals to educational institutions and other similar educational programs.
- Arrange for tutorial assistance for participants. Render academic and personal counseling to all participants.
- Give verbal and/or visual presentations on ETS/TRIO.
- Operate program software in order to document services and format reports.
Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s degree preferred in Education, Counseling or related field. Proven experience working with first generation and/or low income and traditionally underrepresented and/or disabled students. Experience in a higher education setting, providing advising services or counseling to students who are educationally, economically and otherwise disadvantaged. Valid NC Driver's license and willingness to travel geographically within the designated target area.
Walking, bending, squatting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to :
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298 or
Email: [email protected] or
Notices and Disclaimers:
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.