Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF FOUNDATION AND CORPORATE RELATIONS
POSITION CODE: 4310
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: March 8, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development, the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations will achieve University goals by securing external funding from philanthropic foundations and corporate sources.
• Oversees and manages the University’s strategic relationships with philanthropic foundations and corporate grant-makers for institutional purposes; gathers and communicates information about funding sources; strategizes with senior administrators and faculty regarding program development and solicitations for funding.
• Prepares and submits grant proposals to foundations and corporations; prepares follow-up reports on the use of grant funds.
• Consults with faculty on grant opportunities relevant to their activities and interests.
• Manages the corporate and foundation scholarship program.
• Arranges site visits and stewardship events for grant-maker representatives.
• Acknowledges grant support on behalf of the University through correspondence. Makes certain reports required by foundations and corporations are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
• Assists the AVP to plan and implement the corporate and foundation strategies for the comprehensive campaign.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required plus a minimum of five (5) years of related corporate and foundation work experience. Master’s degree preferred. Successful candidate will have strong communication skills in speaking and listening; superb writing skills; possess independent judgment; attention to detail; and the ability to follow instructions. The ability to take initiative and work independently is a must. Must possess the ability to manage complex tasks and meet deadlines; knowledge of University programs and offices; familiarity with topics of concern to higher education. A willingness to travel and work non-traditional hours is essential. A valid driver’s license is required, and a current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be also presented prior to offer of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands administrator application form to: https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.