SR. APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Posting DetailsPosting Details Reference Number 91-31291 Posted Job Title SR. APPLICATION DEVELOPER School Name Information Systems and Computing Org ISC-Applications & Information Services Posted to the Web 03/08/2019 Posted Job/Salary Grade D Employment Type Exempt Hours N/A Position Type Full Time Position Schedule 9-5 Months 12 Position Length Ongoing Position End Date University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.School/Center Overview
Information Systems & Computing (ISC) is the University of Pennsylvania’s central IT organization, providing infrastructure and services upon which Penn’s numerous Schools and Centers build their unique tools and capabilities. ISC’s 270-plus employees work closely with the University’s IT organizations in order to create, deliver and support products and services that help Schools and Centers operate efficiently and effectively. We strive to be easy to work with, and to serve as a trusted advisor to Penn’s IT community, faculty, staff and students in support of an environment of discovery and progress. ISC’s focus on customer service and the high-quality, cost-effective, reliable implementation of modern IT solutions advances the mission of the University, as well as that of each individual School and Center. At Penn, technological freedom and departmental autonomy represent dearly held core values. ISC supports those ideas by providing foundational services and cogent counsel, empowering individuals and departments to employ their distinct strengths in support of their goals. Over the course of nearly three decades, ISC has helped constituents connect and thrive in an ever-changing technology environment. This rich base of experience allows us to respond to client, marketplace and economic needs in order to improve and optimize delivery, ensure the satisfaction of those who depend on our services, and consistently deliver lasting value to the broader University community. https://www.isc.upenn.edu/Duties
Work as part of a team within Applications & Information Services, a unit within the University’s central Information Systems & Computing (ISC) organization, to plan, build and maintain business applications and integrations. Design, develop & provide operational support for solutions using our framework/tools and industry standard programming languages; contribute to design and development of new solutions, as well as the refinement and optimization of the existing portfolio. Provide performance monitoring and troubleshooting; analyze data and draw appropriate conclusions; collaborate regularly with colleagues in ISC on client projects while following and contributing to standards and best practices. May have a supervisory role to include work breakdown, assignment and monitoring, code quality review and input to performance evaluation for staff.Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience working with databases with an understanding of user requirements and using them to generate software designs; knowledge of iterative software development, including frequent working software deliveries; familiarity with agile software development/deployment practices and related methodologies.
* Experience developing API’s, web services and ETL for a variety of source/target data platforms such as Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, noSQL and flat files with emphasis on provisioning and maintenance, usage/performance monitoring and governance.
* Experience with Data Integration/API platforms such as Talend, Mulesoft and AWS API Gateway and with AWS services particularly SQS, Lambda, etc.
* Experience with the variety of integration challenges presented in a best of breed application environment that includes a mix of custom build, 3rd party (i.e., Elucian Banner, Peoplesoft Contributor Relations, Oracle Government Financials) applications operating on premises and cloud SaaS applications (i.e. Workday, Salesforce, Concur, Remedy, Interfolio, Planview, Apptio and xMatters).
* Experience and willingness to work on mission critical, highly available solutions requiring on call support outside of standard business hours.
* Must be a high performing self-starter who can prioritize, organize and complete multiple concurrent work assignments on schedule and with expected level of quality.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team.
* Experience with Outsystems – High-productivity application development platform and/or Django development framework.
* Experience with and/or willingness to lead a team of developers, including assignment/monitoring of work, quality control and contribution to staff performance evaluation.
* Experience working as a senior level developer in a higher education institution.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job. Quick Link http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/44215 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- [email protected]
- Contacted by a Penn Recruiter
- Referred by a Penn Employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Other Social Media Site
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Apple One
- Recruitment and/or staffing agency
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Less than high school education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Technical School
- Associate's Degree or Two Year College
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PHD/MD/JD or equivalent doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have related to this position?
- 0 to 1 Year
- 1 to 2 Years
- 2 to 3 Years
- 3 to 5 Years
- 5 to 7 Years
- 7 to 10 Years
- Over 10 Years
- Cover Letter