Vice President for Business Affairs
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Vice President for Business Affairs Posting Number A00048 Employment Type Full-Time Benefits Available Yes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The Vice President for Business Affairs (VPBA) reports to the President and provides leadership for all business affairs of the College, for human resources, for the maintenance of facilities and grounds, for campus safety, and for the operation of auxiliary enterprises including public-private ventures. The VPBA has custody and control of all funds for the College and the College of Coastal Georgia Foundation. He/she is responsible for establishing a plan of business affairs in support of the academic programs of the College and for delegating appropriate responsibilities to specific individuals.
As a member of the President’s Cabinet, the Vice President attends meetings of the Cabinet, participates in decisions which affect the internal and external constituencies of the College, attends meetings and functions both internally and externally which enhance the College’s effectiveness in its service region, serves on college committees that pertain to the financial programs of the College, and is the fiscal advisor to the President.
This is an administrative position which holds faculty status. Persons holding administrative positions serve at the pleasure of the President and perform an appropriate combination of college and community service activities.Essential Duties
- Exercises responsibility for the preparation and interpretation of all financial reports; provides administrative direction to the accounting, payroll, and purchasing operations; exercises responsibility for the proper functioning of internal controls including policies and procedures related to the State purchasing card; coordinates audits conducted by external agencies; exercises general supervision over all accounts of the College to ensure that receipts and disbursements are properly accounted for; maintains effective relationships with local financial institutions.
- Oversees the preparation of the annual budget, documentation for budget hearings, and all budget amendments ensuring proper linkage with the institutional strategic planning process.
- Exercises supervision over human resources functions including hiring and compensation practices, policy compliance, and organizational development.
- Exercises supervision over the operation, maintenance, and acquisition of physical plant facilities and over the safety and security operations of the campus; assumes responsibility for the preparation of documentation to support long-range facilities planning and funding requests for major repair and rehabilitation needs.
- Exercises supervision over the facility construction and renovation projects serving as liaison with the Board of Regents Facilities Office, Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission, and design and construction professionals.
- Exercises supervision over the auxiliary enterprises of the College, including the management of contracts, establishment of rates for services, and the management of the campus card system.
- Work closely with the Office of Advancement to support the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship initiatives of benefactors and prospective benefactors to the College of Coastal Georgia Foundation.
- Provides service to the College of Coastal Georgia Foundation by managing all accounting and financial reporting requirements, coordinating the annual foundation audit, and overseeing the budget development process.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of the campus master plan linking facilities, financial support, and planned academic programs.
- Examines all College contracts for their accordance with state laws and Board of Regents policies before execution of such contracts.
- Administers the acquisition, disposal, or transfer of any institutional property according to Board of Regents’ policies and state laws and ensures that inventories are maintained on all institutional properties.
- Administers risk management insurance programs which includes seeing that all property of the College is sufficiently insured against loss by fire, windstorm, theft, or liability of any kind and that the College is insured against loss related to acts of omission or commission of its employees.
- Develops and manages the RFP process.
- Prepares goals and objectives in support of the institutional strategic plan and represents business affairs in all accreditation compliance efforts.
- Supervises, coaches, and evaluates staff using proven and effective management techniques and within the guidelines of College policies and procedures; provides training and development opportunities for subordinates when appropriate.
- This position is designated by the institution as a Position of Trust and as Essential Personnel.
- Assumes all other duties as may be assigned by the President.
- An earned master’s degree in a business-related field from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or other appropriate education and training.
- A minimum of five years senior level administrative experience in business and finance, preferably in a public college setting.
- Substantial knowledge of computer applications for business and accounting.
- Excellent communications and human relations skills.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must successfully pass a background and credit check.
- A commitment to providing services in accordance with the stated mission, goals, objectives, and priorities of the College.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date 02/04/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type position?
- Cover Letter
- Leadership Philosophy
- Transcripts 1
- Other Documents