Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor in Nursing
Posting InformationPosting Information Position TitleClinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor in NursingJob Posting Number20190046FACJob LocationRound RockDepartmentSt. David's School of NursingPosition Description
The St. David’s School of Nursing at Texas State University is seeking one nursing faculty at the Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor level for a nine-month appointment with possible summer employment to teach in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner clinical track of the MSN-PMHNP program.
Duties and Expectations of Selected Candidate: Advise and teach MSN-PMHNP students; serve on faculty committees and participate in curriculum development.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. Faculty responsibilities include: participation in curriculum development, including lab instruction and teaching online courses in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program. This position will be located in the nursing building on the Texas State University Round Rock Campus in Round Rock, Texas. http://www.nursing.txstate.edu/Required Qualifications
1. Earned doctorate or enrolled in a doctoral program with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in nursing.
2. Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
3. Eligible for Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in Texas.
4. At least two (2) years of clinical experience as a Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner.
5. Commitment to excellence in teaching and learning consistent with the nursing program’s vision, mission and goals as evidenced by a presentation during the campus visit with faculty.
6. Record of accomplishments in scholarship, teaching and service, appropriate for appointment at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor (less than five years of teaching), Clinical Associate Professor (minimum of five years of teaching), or Clinical Professor (minimum of ten years of teaching) in a School of Nursing.
7. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and school established standards.
1. Demonstrated success in faculty cooperative support and team development.
2. Demonstrated leadership supporting diversity in nursing education and professional development.
3. Experience in program development, curriculum design, informatics and communications systems with simulation experience, and teaching Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program.
4. Experience in higher education including accreditation, program review and
5. Experience with formats of distance education, to include on-line instruction.
6. Experience in building and promoting community relationships.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/23252.
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following by October 2, 2018: (1) a letter of interest that addresses the required and preferred qualifications, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) unofficial transcripts, and (4) the names and contact information of three references.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start DateSpring 2019Open DateReview Date10/02/2018Close DateOpen Until Filled?YesLegal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/23252Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- Evidence of Teaching Experience/Evaluations
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference