Assistant Professor, Applied Behavioral Analysis Program
Department:: 01-50-5085-ABA Dept
Locations:: East Longmeadow, MA
Posted:: Mar 8, 2019
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
Position Code: ASPABA
Job Type: Full-time, Faculty
Schedule/Hours: Varies depending on program needs.
Position Location: East Longmeadow, MA
JOB SUMMARY: We seek a dynamic individual who has expertise in applied behavior analysis and instruction in higher education. This person will have extensive background providing ABA services in a variety of settings, including educational and clinical organizations. They will also provide high quality instruction to the graduate programs in applied behavior analysis and special education, and will teach and supervise in our graduate programs across all sites and locations, with priority being in our on line format.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach and supervise a minimum of eight (8) courses (24 credits) annually to include select undergraduate and graduate courses offered by the School;
- Courses will be a combination of on-site and on-line and will be across campuses (Concord, Sturbridge, East Longmeadow and off-site program locations)
- Support undergraduate and graduate activities;
- Supervise students in the ABA program;
- Advise students in the ABA Program;
- Assist in curriculum development, including development of on line classes;
- Work closely Program Director, ABA Team, and Special Education Coordinator;
- Maintain close contact to and engagement with the applied behavior analysis credentialing, regional ABA organizations, latest BACB© regulations, and up-to-date field of ABA content;
- Advance research/scholarship of the ABA program, including leadership of student research activity;
- Engage in program development and innovation in applied behavior analysis and special education/teacher education.
- Provide significant program leadership and service of the ABA Program;
- Establish and maintain community/district-based partnerships.
- Provide assistance for grants or other fundraising efforts as requested.
- Assist with the identification, compilation, and analysis of program assessment information;
- Participate in research in the field of applied behavior analysis or special education;
- Engage in school, campus, and across site committee activities while also participating in community service activities in Massachusetts aligned with the University's mission;
- Manage the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies;
- Actively participate and be involved in representing the School in local, state, and national professional organizations;
- Maintain scheduled on campus office hours according to University policy;
- Attend faculty, department and University meetings;
- Assist the admissions office across multiple sites with student recruitment by participating in Open Houses and other admissions events, calling and writing prospective students and other activities as requested;
- Maintain an active presence on the campus including attendance at major University events (e.g. Commencement, Academic Convocation) and student events;
- Participate in University committees as assigned;
- Maintain appropriate standards of behavior, mutual respect, and safety in the classroom;
- Stay current with best practices in teaching and learning;
- Understand the role of assessment in achieving specifically stated learning outcomes;
- Incorporate technology to enhance student learning;
- Understand and appreciate the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role of faculty in achieving those goals;
- Attend trainings as required;
- Perform any other job related functions as assigned by the University;
- Travel across the program sites for teaching and supervision.
- An earned doctorate (Ed.D, Ph.D.) or equivalent in ABA or a related field;
- Teacher Education/Special Education or a related field and be knowledgeable of State accreditation requirements strongly desired;
- Current teaching license strongly preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience providing behavior analytic services in public or private settings;
- Experience teaching in higher education, and conducting workshops/trainings;
- Experience supervising undergraduate/graduate students;
- A record that speaks highly of teaching abilities;
- Interest, initiative, and ability to develop and evaluate programs in the department;
- Fosters and supports positive atmosphere and environment;
- Supports and is a leader in the use of technology;
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures;
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Working knowledge of FERPA and HIPPA guidelines;
- Valid U.S. driver's license;
- Must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter. (Failure to successfully complete the course within the 15-day period is grounds for immediate termination).
- Driving required and must be able and willing to teach and commute across multiple site locations;
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.). and sexual offender records check (S.O.R.I.);
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.