Digital Marketing & Recruiting Coordinator
This position is located in Schenectady NY. The Coordinator assists in managing the Graduate School’s social media presence and executes on the content marketing strategy across various web and social platforms. The Coordinator creates digital content for use in marketing activities and campaigns designed to generate quality leads that will result in graduate enrollment. Works under the direction of the Graduate Digital Marketing & Recruiting Manager and in close collaboration with all others involved in graduate student recruitment and enrollment and the Marketing & External Relations department to create new digital content, maintain existing content, and promote both internal and external engagement, with the goal of driving enrollment in graduate programs. The position is based in Schenectady, New York, the recruiting and admissions hub for Clarkson’s graduate programs. Moderate travel to Clarkson’s other NY locations and Potsdam, NY campus may be required.
- Under the direction of the manager, assist in writing and curating digital content such as tip sheets, alumni and student profiles, and guest content for use on the website, blog, email and various social media channels. Conduct research and interviews with students, alumni and faculty as needed for content. Develop engaging visual presentation for content.
- Manage Graduate School social media accounts by scheduling/publishing content frequently, creating content that advances marketing goals on social media, driving engagement with followers, and growing audiences. Primary social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Compile digital metrics that help drive decision-making and report impact and outcomes of marketing activities.
- Maintain a digital content library that houses materials for recruiters to share with prospects. Communicate the availability and intended use of new content, and field questions as necessary.
- Collaborate with program stakeholders, admissions/recruiting and Marketing and External Relations to collect and coordinate ongoing updates to the university graduate school web pages and digital/print assets (including automated email campaigns) to ensure content is up to date, as well as perform asset inventory management.
- Support online and on-campus open houses and other marketing/recruiting yield events by helping with logistics, organization and presentation materials.
- Assist with processing inquiry data and invoices, and other administrative duties as needed. Follow through with general customer inquiries, requests, and complaints.
- Assist with other duties and initiatives as assigned.
Health & Safety:
- Awareness of necessary action in an emergency.
- Adheres to all company polices, including Health & Safety and service standards.
- Social media management: demonstrated ability to write, schedule and publish organic social media content for business pages.
- Content creation and management: ability to create written and visual content for use on blog, social media, email and website, as well as ability to repurpose existing content for use on additional channels.
- Work in content management systems to create and format blog posts and other content.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and/or Google Office apps.
- Ability to become technically proficient with Slate as a CRM.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools, technologies, and processes.
- Excellent communication and writing skills required.
- Strong project management and critical thinking skills, highly organized, attention to detail and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player with collaborative working style.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Experience, and Skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience totaling eight to ten years.
Minimal Experience: 1-3 years of experience in a marketing or communications-related role.
Experience, and Skills
Basic photo-editing skills
WordPress and/or Drupal content management systems
Experience in any of these areas is a plus:
- Social media community management (growth, engagement)
- Conceptualizing and/or creating visual content (images, video, infographics, etc.) with the use of free tools like Canva or Adobe Spark
- Paid social advertising, particularly Facebook
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Posting Detail Information Close Date Open Date 02/15/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions for this Posting
Please attach a writing sample as an “other” document for consideration with you application.
This position is located in Schenectady NY.
Clarkson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Reference Request Details Maximum Number of Reference Requests 2 Minimum Number of Reference Requests 2 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- * What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Less Than One
- One to Two
- Two to Three
- Three to Five
- Five or More
- * How do you embrace Diversity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter