Financial Systems Application Manager
Financial Systems Application Manager
Portland Community College
Best Consideration/Close Date:
Portland Community College (PCC) is seeking a Financial Systems Application Manager for their Downtown Center in Portland, OR. PCC is a diverse, inclusive, collaborative environment dedicated to equitable student success. The Finance team supports the mission of the College through innovative business solutions and sound financial practices in harmony with PCC's mission.
The Financial Systems Application Manager position provides an exciting opportunity for a strategic, hands-on, collaborative and visionary leader in Financial Services to guide and help optimize our finance systems environment in support of the College.
If you are looking for a career that provides an exciting opportunity to establish, analyze and grow financial processes and you have a demonstrated record of implementing projects, program management, in-depth functional knowledge of financial systems, and a commitment to improving systems design, this position is for you!
The Financial Systems Application Manager plans and manages activities, tasks and project teams related to design, development and ongoing process improvement for multiple financial systems.
The position includes hands-on responsibility for configuring and maintaining our Banner Finance system (ERP) and other financial applications; overseeing development and implementation of financial systems software; developing work plans, scheduling and maintaining procedures, proposing changes, testing and managing upgrades.
The successful candidate will design and improve business processes from a system perspective; coordinate financial and accounting system requirements with other departments; outside organizations; and acts as a technical expert and coordinates and resolves accounting technical errors. A key component of this position is to serve as liaison to Information Technology on issues and projects affecting Financial Services.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/management-jobs/systems-app-mgr/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications. - Hands-on experience in overall administration and planning, implementation, development, and project leadership of large financial systems. This includes understanding, evaluating and implementing applications; configuring system settings; understanding and designing business processes, and determining how the system affects end-users.
- Experience and ability to design and generate custom reports to support financial data analytic needs.
- Ability to write custom programming solutions, scripts, reports and queries for Finance using Banner, SQL, Oracle, Argos, Prophix, or other equivalent systems or software languages using a central site or Cloud based system.
- Develop, maintain and document internal controls for finance application systems.
- Ability to generate system requirements that reflect end-user needs and can be used by Information Technology staff to design and implement new capabilities for the Financial
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate decision-making and results-oriented planning with large, diverse groups.
- Ability to interface, build and maintain relationships with Information Technology, Human Resources, Institutional Effectiveness, Financial Services, Student Affairs and various Campus administrative and instructional staff to ensure financial system integrity.
- Manage and implement new financial software systems such as Prophix and Argos systems.
- Ability to define system test cases and to manage User Acceptance Testing of new systems and capabilities, in addition to doing hands-on testing as needed.
- Ability to troubleshoot user-reported problems and triage training vs. system issues.
- Familiarity with system and data security standards and compliance regulations such as GLBA and PCI.
- Advanced Excel experience and report generation utilizing data extraction, pivot tables and the ability or experience to program in Visual Basic Applications.
Minimum Qualifications To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked). Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Systems Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems or a related field (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis). Three years of systems administration, including one year of experience supervising employees and knowledge of Financial Services. Preferred Qualifications - Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance
or related discipline.
- Software development and/or programming background.
- Experience in integrated financial applications such as Banner, SAP, Oracle, and other
- Financial Systems, etc., as well as desk-top applications and web page design.
- Design and coordinate the training program for new financial software programs
including Prophix and Argos. Salary:
Minimum $73,907 to range mid-point of $90,535. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs. PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. After one year of management or confidential service, PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management and confidential personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age, as well as partial tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- 14.67 hours of vacation leave per month
- 1 day of sick leave per month
- 11 holidays
- 3 additional personal leave days per year
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits View a complete list of PCC benefits.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://pcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=249&site=10
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency