Coordinator of Nursing Opportunities
Under the supervision of the Chair of the Department of Nursing, the Coordinator for Nursing Opportunities is responsible for the coordination of efforts to support high quality nursing programs, including oversight of marketing materials, signature events, recruitment of transfer students, admission activities, academic advising of PNOP and RNOP students, coordinator of special programs, and on-going assessment of special programs. This individual will serve as a liaison between Enrollment Management, Marketing & Communications, Financial Aid, Advising and Registration, Student Affairs and the Department of Nursing.
- Recruitment of accelerated students (RNOP) and RN mobility (PNOP) students, and periodic visits to Bassett Healthcare and regional community college programs, and health care employers coordinated in conjunction with Admissions.
- Academic advising of transfer, mobility, and accelerated students; and processing of queries, interviews, and/or tours of prospective students.
- On-going development and refinement of marketing materials including advertisements, the web site, student handbooks, fact sheets, catalogue, mailings, etc.
- Planning and hands-on coordination and management of signature events (i. e. O'Connor Chair lectures in the spring and fall, Pinning Ceremony for traditional, mobility, and accelerated students, Nursing Days on Campus for prospective students, Alumni Weekend event, Senior Picnic, Welcome of First Year Students).
- Represent the department at admission events.
- Assist in orientation, program coordination and evaluation-PNOP, RNOP, ASP.
- Provide support to nursing organizations-the Hartwick College Association of Student Nurses, Nursing Students Without Borders, Alumni Committee.
- Creates master program schedules for each program for each academic year for the department in collaboration with the Department Chair.
- Works with the Department Chair to update the college catalog.
- Creates and disseminates the Department's Bi-Annual Newsletter.
- Serves on the Department's Events and Community and Academic Standing Committees.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree in the nursing or related field from an accredited college or university with three to five years of experience in a related position. Previous experience in marketing, event planning, academic advising and/or admissions experience is preferred. Higher education experience highly preferred. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent organizational and public relations skills to work with a variety of individuals from all backgrounds and demographics. Coordinator must be self-directed, able to work collaboratively, and flexible. The position requires computer knowledge, including Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Office), webpage preparation and desktop publishing skills.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
Located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, NY, near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains, the College features a Liberal Arts in Practice curriculum and aspires to "be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning."
Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, and prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression. Hartwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening "the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community." Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Hartwick College is committed to provide a safe and secure educational environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.
To apply for a position listed below, please submit one single pdf copy of your application materials, to be inclusive of the content below.
- cover letter
- Diversity Statement - a statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College's Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/)
- and the names and contact information for three references
All materials should be sent electronically to Suzanne Janitz, Director of Human Resources, at [email protected] with [Coordinator of Nursing Opportunities] in the subject line. Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.