Assistant Vice Provost and Director of Boynton Health
The Assistant Vice Provost and Director of Boynton Health is responsible for advancing the health of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities community. The AVP/Director is responsible for the strategic oversight and management of the day-to-day operation of Boynton Health, the assessment and monitoring of campus health issues, the coordination of services with Student Affairs and other campus and community organizations, the co-leadership of the Student Affairs’ health and wellbeing programs/units, and the development of programs to address the personal and public health issues of the University of Minnesota Twin Cities campus community.
• Terminal degree in health care or related field.
• Minimum of fifteen years of progressively responsible administrative and health care experience.
• Administrative experience in a complex organizational setting.
• Supervisory and administrative experience with excellent communication skills, strong budget management experience and demonstrated history of strategic management.
• Understanding of student health care as related to student development and critical issues facing college students, including mental health.
• Expertise in public and community health.
• High standards of integrity and ethics in both performance and leadership.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and recognize importance of discretion.
• Demonstrated record of taking action to support diversity, equity and inclusive excellence.
• MD degree with 15 years administrative experience.
• Experience in student health care environment.
• Administrative experience in a comprehensive higher educational setting.
• Experience responding to or managing student and/or public health crises. • Experience with higher education and/or health care policies.