Social Science & Policy Studies
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Program Coordinator will assist the faculty investigators of the ADVANCE Adaptation grant recently awarded to WPI by the National Science Foundation as well as support faculty development initiatives sponsored through the Morgan Teaching and Learning Center. The Program Coordinator will play an essential role in the success of the grant work and will also contribute to the management of broader faculty development programming across campus.
- Work with Marketing and Communications to establish and manage the WPI ADVANCE and Morgan Center websites. Create content for each website to promote events and related activities.
- Work with the Provost's Office and Office of Institutional Research to compile faculty data relevant to the grant and faculty development initiatives. Analyze data and create data tables and graphics.
- Schedule workshops, working group meetings, advisory board meetings, and other events for the ADVANCE grant, maintain internal records, and make related arrangements for meeting space, food, and travel.
- Manage program and event scheduling for Morgan Center Director, Associate Directors, and Instructional Designers who collaborate with the Center.
- Monitor program participation, deploy surveys to assess outcomes of workshops, mentoring programs, and other initiatives, and manage resulting data.
- Manage communications and maintain participation records for all WPI faculty mentoring programs.
- Manage communication and documents related to internal grants programs and awards overseen by the Morgan Center.
- Assist with grant report writing and prepare annual report for Morgan Center including infographics.
- Monitor and manage the grant budget; coordinate Morgan Center budget management.
- Manage resource collections on Canvas (Morgan Teaching and Learning Center, Active Learning Classroom Community of Practice, New Faculty Resource Collection, ADVANCE Initiatives).
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2-4 years of experience.
- Knowledge and proficiency in word-processing, calendar and scheduling management, and spreadsheet management, particularly using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to learn new software, such as Drupal, Qualtrics, and Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS).
- Excellent writing skills, both evidence-based and promotional.
- Strong foundation of quantitative reasoning. Interest and capability to learn and improve skills in data management (e.g., pivot tables), data analysis, data presentation, and descriptive statistics.
- Interest and capability to develop skills in visual-intensive communication such as infographics.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally and efficiently with a variety of offices and constituents (faculty, staff, administrators, external professionals and the NSF).
- Ability to be proactive and work in a self-directed manner, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Judgement to handle moderately complex issues and problems and refer more complex issues to higher level. Commitment to confidentiality.
- Enthusiasm about the ADVANCE project's mission of gender equity and consideration of intersectional identities, and the Morgan Center's mission of excellence in teaching and learning and faculty success.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Program-Coordinator_R0000287
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency