Business Analyst Supervisor (ITS4)
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Business Analyst Supervisor (ITS 4)
The business analyst supervisor is the senior liaison between business units who have a problem to solve and the technical staff that knows how to create automated business solutions. The major focus of this position is determining and communicating the software/application needs, desires and ideas of the business unit to the programmer analyst team.
This position performs senior level consulting, conducts needs assessments, process, and business analysis leading to technical process and system optimization and applies advance technical knowledge and considerable discretion to balance workload and determine priorities using established work procedures and innovative approaches to complete assignments. This position documents processes and procedures for existing and future systems and services. Incumbents understand the customer's business from the perspective a senor businessperson and are conversant in the customer's business language. Establishes and maintains technical documentation standards, mentors and provides leadership to technical staff conducting business analysis. Communicates both business processes and IT technical processes for complex software/applications to various stakeholders (e.g., programmer analysts, business partners). In addition, will be responsible for working with other business analysts, programmer analysts and functional users to ensure that work is coordinated and meets project, department and industry standards.
The majority of assignments and projects have wide-area impact in an agency division or large office settings that cover multiple business functions that include internal or satellite operations, multiple users, or more than one group.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
- This is an open recruitment; three days' notice will be provided prior to closure of recruitment.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
- Will supervise all subordinate IT staff assigned to the Business Analyst Team in the Enterprise Application Services department, and at the direction of the Senior Manager for Enterprise Application Services and executive staff, specifically the Chief Information Officer, to provide leadership for university Information Technology systems and projects.
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check.
- This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees' Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and sit as needed for office and computer work.
- Wrist and hand movements required as needed for keyboarding.
- Ability to be mobile, campus wide for appropriate business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology or related discipline with four years of business analysis experience. Substantial experience may be substituted for formal education.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising.
- Demonstrated experience in planning requirement elicitation and managing requirements for complex solutions.
- Demonstrated senior level experience in, and knowledge of, requirement management methodologies, tools and processes.
- Demonstrate working-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
- Demonstrated senior level experience in presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills when communicating to IT staff and functional business units.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining technical documentation standards.
- Working level knowledge of writing and modifying Structured Query Language (SQL) statements.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- A valid Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Certification.
- Knowledge and experience working in a higher education and/or financial environment with areas dealing with information systems management and support systems.
- Experience in using a well-structured life cycle management process for implementation of changes in applications.