Executive Director of Facilities
Executive Director of Facilities
Posting Number: 0000865
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range of $90,000 - $99,000 is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, E81. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Plan, organize, and supervise assigned functions in the installation, repair, renovation, modification, maintenance, construction, etc., of campus facilities, including buildings and site infrastructure.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and organize assigned function(s) to assure that required, requested, and planned repairs, modifications, installations, renovations, and other maintenance activities are properly accomplished.
- Create, implement, and maintain the Physical Plant annual budget. Monitor compliance and budgetary constraint. Forecast and plan facility improvements.
- Monitor workload, service order backlog, and scheduling issues within the department.
- Determine the appropriate balance between immediate response repair needs and longer term projects for maintenance or alterations.
- Manage and enhance the data systems for work orders, budget control, and management information.
- Prepare, develop, and otherwise maintain records, reports, recommendations, evaluations, etc., reflecting the conditions under which facility operations are carried out.
Additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited:
- Set climate for professional growth and development. Organize and plan the training of all skilled and support personnel.
- Ensure the purchase of parts, materials, equipment, supplies, etc., are in accordance with College and departmental procedures. Verify the receipt and/or acceptance of purchased items as authorization for payment.
- Coordinate the activities of assigned function(s) with other physical facilities, College organizational units, and subcontractors as necessary.
- Work with professional consultants for the implementation of projects by outside contractors.
- Manage asbestos remediation plans and coordinate with consultants as needed for any project.
- Approve the activities of contract personnel and services in assigned area of responsibility as required to assure that satisfactory and acceptable performance standards, specifications, material and labor cost, work schedules, etc., are maintained. Authorize payment for contracted services in accordance with College and departmental procedures.
- Develop and ensure implementation of planned preventive maintenance schedules and activities to ensure prolonged life and usefulness of operating equipment and facilities and minimize breakdowns or failures of such equipment and facilities.
- Interpret and enforce work rules, rules of conduct, performance standards, College and departmental policies, procedures, regulations, etc., among assigned employees.
- Prepare cost estimates on requested or planned projects involving area of responsibility for approval.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in a related field
- Ten (10) years of related work experience
- Five (5) years of supervisory/administrative level facilities maintenance and/or construction environment experience
- Previous experience working in an educational setting
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location: Other Lee College facilities
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts are required upon hire.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5465
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency