Service Desk Technician
DescriptionUniversity Information Services (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
The Service Desk Technician is the first line of client communication and provides first level customer support including basic computer troubleshooting and repair, network/internet connectivity, email, software applications, and incident triage. This position is customer-focused, requiring exceptional customer service skills. The position is responsible for ensuring the highest level of service delivery for the departments supported by the UIS Service Desk. The ideal candidate will have a thirst for knowledge and an ability to quickly diagnose user issues and follow them through to resolution. This position reports to the Service Desk Manager and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide the highest level of customer service in all interactions
- Properly create and/or update tickets for all support calls, emails, or walk-ups through Cherwell
- Update tickets daily to make sure the most current information is documented
- Perform basic computer hardware and software installations, and configurations
- Recognize and refer escalated matters to appropriate Tier 2/3 staff
- Create and maintain documentation for internal tasks and procedures
- Communicate with team members regularly to ensure seamless service to customers on all tickets
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot computer systems, software, and peripherals
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to arrive to work on time and on schedule
- Ability to maintain and exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Ability to participate in occasional after hours support
Who We Are:
System Administration, which also houses theOffice of the President, is located in the Uptown neighborhood of Denver withan office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses.However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departmentssupport the educational and research missions of the four University ofColorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professionaldevelopment, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff andfaculty.
The University of Colorado is committed torecruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment.The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
The starting salary for this position is $50,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs.
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in computer science or other IT related field or equivalent work experience can be substituted on a year for year basis
- Two (2) years’ experience in the following:
- Working in an IT helpdesk
- Supporting Windows, Mac and mobile devices
- Remote desktop support software
- ITSM Ticketing tool
- SCCM, Casper
- Computer hardware and software installation and troubleshooting
- One (1) year experience supporting Office 365
- A+ Certification
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience providing support to executive level customers
- Experience with Cherwell Service Management
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Feb 11, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing