Assistant Director of Finance Development
DescriptionUniversity Information Services (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
The Assistant Director of Finance System Development exists to provide essential consultation to UIS and management regarding the Finance PeopleSoft module. This includes reviewing and analyzing maintenance and enhancement requests, analyzing complex processes to define system enhancements and modifications, providing technical application support to system end users, coding, testing, and implementing batch and online computer software, and providing technical support to other internal staff. This position will increase focus on testing methodologies for the Application Development team within UIS. The Assistant Director of Finance Development reports to the Associate Director of PeopleSoft Development and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Creating or modifying application panels using PeopleCode, PeopleTools, and other development and testing tools.
- Writing new or modifying existing batch programs using a variety of computer languages and file access methods including SQR/SQL.
- Confirming accuracy of software by testing new and modified programs and by coordinating end user system testing.
- Addressing end users’ computing needs by analyzing complex processes to design new applications or enhancements to existing applications, and by writing functional and/or technical specifications.
- Creating and modifying technical documentation by writing and updating program, operations, and other system documentation.
- Consulting with UIS management and team Assistant Directors to implement critical maintenance and enhancement projects by providing essential information regarding PeopleSoft technology, functionality, and capabilities.
- Providing PeopleSoft orientation.
- Assisting campus key users, System HR staff, and business process owners by answering technical application questions and resolving reported software and data errors.
- Instructing key users on the proper use and function of application programs by participating in meetings in which PeopleSoft functional and technical expertise is needed.
- Providing technical support for production services when needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Overseeing internal support to UIS by instructing programmers and analysts in the principles and practices of testing methodology.
- Overseeing performance management and hiring of the employees within the team
- Managing training of new employees
- Maintaining quality oversight by conducting regular reviews of team members’ work to evaluate for accuracy and overall delivery of services and customer experience. Provide regular feedback to team members and coach for improvement
- Managing team schedules – leave requests, time monitoring, and approval
- Expanding professional and technical skills and expertise by acquiring knowledge in new technologies and system development procedures and tools by attending technical classes, seminars, and end user groups
- Knowledge and full understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge and full understanding of software testing methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of project management lifecycle
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance module
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task several projects and day to day activities while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Ability to travel between campuses within the state of Colorado
- Ability to interact positively, clearly, and professionally with customers, peers, and upper management
- Ability to effect and influence change through a collaborative and inclusive style
- Strong problem solving skills and effective communication, along with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Who We Are:
System Administration, which also houses theOffice of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver withan office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However,this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support theeducational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses.We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, andcollaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed torecruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment.The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $108,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs.
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience. (The educational requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a year for year basis).
- Five (5) years’ enterprise IT experience to include the following:
- PeopleSoft development experience using Application Designer
- SQL experience
- Application Engine development experience
- Testing PeopleSoft applications experience (e.g. unit testing, application testing, performance testing)
- Understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle methodology
- Three (3) years’ experience including the following:
- Managing personnel, including developing/mentoring direct reports through performance reviews to ensure continuous improvement, high performance and employee retention
- Managing projects, services or processes within a department with proven ability to execute decisions using strategic and tactical skill-sets
- Experience with PeopleSoft Finance
- Functional knowledge of PeopleSoft Finance
- Experience with PeopleTools 8.48+ and/or PeopleTools 8.50+
- Development production support experience
- Experience supporting PeopleSoft HCM and/or Finance
- Experience with development lifecycle methodology
- Knowledge of and experience with SQR coding, SQL against Oracle databases, and UNIX commands
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Feb 11, 2019
Unposting Date: Ongoing