DescriptionUniversity of Colorado – School of MedicinePost-Doctoral Fellow
Overall Description ofResponsibility or Nature of Work
This position reportsdirectly to faculty in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics.
Specific Position Dutieswith Percentages of Time
[1starea of responsibility]:
- Conducta wide range of Biochemistry research
[2ndarea of responsibility]:
- Assistin preparation of grant applications for NIH, and other multiple grantingagencies
- Writingof scientific papers for peer-reviewed journals
- Presentationof research at various international meetings and conferences
- Initiatingand maintaining relationships with collaborators in both academic and industrysettings as our research needs demand
- Interfacewith collaborators
- Excellent communication skills using the English language.
- Research grant application and manuscript writing experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Salaryis commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secureenvironment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospectiveemployees.
TheUniversity of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. Weencourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilitiesand all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity andequality in education and employment.
TheImmigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employmenteligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day ofwork. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for personswith disabilities.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Mar 7, 2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing